Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reconfiguring my shop

Hey James,
    Glad to see it made it to your garage finally. Sorry you aren't closer because I have a bunch of 22"-24" CRT's for 10-15.00 each that would be a nice addition for you. Dual screens is the way to go. Also unless you have another PC inside the house I would upgrade your chair to one that has a bit more padding because you will probably be spending a lot more time there now.

Nice organization on the wall there. Looking forward to seeing some of your "Inspired" work. Pun intended.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

excellent!! glad to see you made it home last night!

let me know if you need any thing, i now have the ability to do on screen live work

jim

I was pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    Hey James,
    Glad to see it made it to your garage finally. Sorry you aren't closer because I have a bunch of 22"-24" CRT's for 10-15.00 each that would be a nice addition for you. Dual screens is the way to go. Also unless you have another PC inside the house I would upgrade your chair to one that has a bit more padding because you will probably be spending a lot more time there now.

Nice organization on the wall there. Looking forward to seeing some of your "Inspired" work. Pun intended.

Mike thanks for the kind words.
    I actually have 6 desk tops and a lap top. The lap top does not see much use, as I prefer a full size machine and all the power that comes with it.
    That picture was purposely taken as not to show the other two bays of my garage, that are currently very disorganized. (This will change soon now that the CNC Router is now in place).
    I do have a real computer chair for the garage machines; it was at the computer running the laser at the time of the photo.
    I will do all my cad /cam and creative work on one of the two machines in my computer room, where I have one unit with duel monitors and one on a single monitor. All my monitors are 19 wide screen LCD FPD”S high res.
    Thanks for the offer of the crt’s, that is a good price. If I did live closer I would pick up 3 or 4. The garage computer running the CNC router is just an overpriced controller, so that screen should work fine.

As far as Aspire is concerned, I sent an email to Vetric tonight asking to purchase the upgrade. Now I’ll have to wait until I get instructions on how to make an upgrade purchase.

My only real regret is that I cannot find any suitable router bits locally, and will have order some online tomorrow and wait before I can start any practice work.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my 4x8 cnc router has a 10’ bed, and my 6”s of clearance was adjusted to 9”. Camaster explained to me, that in order to get me my machine delivered in my requested time frame, that rather than order or manufacture the parts for my size machine (4’x8’) that they used some off the shelf stock parts and gave me the upgrades for free.
    They also upgraded me to win cnc over mach3 so it would be easier to help me with any future problems I might have, It seems I am the only guy to have requested mach3, and they felt that with all the current Camaster machines running win cnc that it would be easier on them and me.
    Thanks Camaster you just made a sweet deal even better, I really appreciate it. I am really happy with the people and product from Camaster.
    I am one excited Camhead right now.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

james, you will need 90 and 60 degree v bits to use vcarve but you will want some tapered ballnose carving bits for 3d, the best bits are onsrud 77-100 series bits
    https://www.onsrud.com/

i use 77-104 mostly

https://www.onsrud.com/xdoc/TaperBits

here is one but does not have 1/16th taper ballnose

http://www.centuriontools.com/router...ECTIONSword=ww

collets for pc router

http://www.precisebits.com/products/...llets_nuts.asp

tapered ballnose

http://beckwithdecor.com/index_files/Cutters.htm

james, i also have some 1/2 inch clear acrylic if you want to build a larger dust boot

jim

Gee some guys get all the breaks. 25% longer table and 33.3% higher "Z" clearance for NADA, ZIP, Zilch, Neetz, NC. Just be glad you did not have to knock a hole in the wall to accommodate the extra 2 feet.

Surprised they didn't through in a complete set of solid carbide bits for 2D and 3d work.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

The wife is going to kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    Gee some guys get all the breaks. 25% longer table and 33.3% higher "Z" clearance for NADA, ZIP, Zilch, Neetz, NC. Just be glad you did not have to knock a hole in the wall to accommodate the extra 2 feet.

Surprised they didn't through in a complete set of solid carbide bits for 2D and 3d work.
    They did throw in about 7 bits. All high quality, but not any good for carving or sign making.
    I just returned from Rockler and they have a deal on the house brand carbide tipped router bits at $10 each for the smaller sizes and $40 each for the really big stuff
    I am going to post this information in the deals section. I got 18 bits, the wife is going to kill me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

almost done

installed vacuum pump for the x3 508 yesterday and put dust collector on top. after we built the tower with the arms we named it " tony the tower" after an employee that was not at work yesterday.

jim
    Attached Images Attached Images