Thread: How do I kill mold

How do I kill mold

In examining my bow window to assess the water/termite damage I see I have what appears to be mold. How do I kill it? Spray bleach on it? Or will it go away once I fix the moisture problem?

I always spray some diluted bleach on it, prior to painting. This is the only way I know of to kill it. I spray, let it sit. Spray again, and then wash down with soapy water, plenty of soapy water. Then I use a mold resistant primer as the final step before painting. I'm sure there are lots of ways to gt rid of mold, this works for me.

Bleach & prime with Kills primer. This works only for mold right on the surface of a painted surface such as sheetrock, where you can scrub with bleach & a brush & see that you are indeed removing the mold, then paint with Kills Paint 2 coats & top coat.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 05-06-2004 at 3:15 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Contact a mold specilist. We are buying a new home and one of the homes we had an offer, thus, had an inspection on was found to have lots of mold. The inspector was a mold specilist to. The owner of the home said he would take care of it by spraying bleach on it. The inspector said that is not the correct wat to get rid of mold.

Call a specilist for advise, plus there are several varities of mold and each require and diffrent means of attack.

Donnie Raines

Your on target...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
    Spray bleach on it? Or will it go away once I fix the moisture problem?
    Yes. Neutralize the mold and head to the source.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain