Thread: Help with jigsaw problem

Help with jigsaw problem

I have a Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw (relatively new) that cuts like a dream when cutting plywood, however when I cut hardwood, with the grain, it wants to jump and buck all the time. I've tried every blade I can think of (PW blade, wood cutting blade both fine and coarse). new blades tend to be a little worse than older blades. slower speed tends to be worse than faster speed. If I go faster than a snails pace (literally), it jumps all over. Crosscutting hardwood is fine, just with the grain it is horrible.

What and I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Jason Morgan

Hmm. Is the stock you're cutting well supported so that it's not moving or flexing? Do you push the red button that engages the blade stabilizer mechanism?

Blog Entries
    Try using the Progressor T234X blades with your saw. They rip and cross cut hard woods nearly as fast and smooth as a TS. They look fierce but do a great job cutting. Use a small amount of orbital action when ripping for an easier cut. Note, these blades do not like turning corners.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Wow, I just posted almost the same issue last week:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=91033

You might be interested in some of the discussion there. For me the suggestions of using the progressor blades definitely helped. In addition run the saw at a slower speed and just cut slower.

Thanks

I will try the progressor blades. I was using Bosch blades with the blade stabilizer engaged and it was still very tough to rip cut.

I'll report back after I try the new blades.

Thanks for all the help
    Jason Morgan

Does that saw have orbital action capability? This is a great feature that is available on many of the newer jigsaws. It moves the blade ahead on the upstroke and back for the return stroke which greatly reduces jumping and bucking. It also clears the sawdust better. There is an adjustment lever on the side of most saws with 4 positions allowing 3 levels of orbit action plus a no orbit setting. Maybe, all you need to do is change the orbit setting.

Charley