Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12" parallel clamp?

1. The new Bessey K bodys have a neat little feature.
    They have a piece you can get that allows you to join two or more clamps together to make virtually any size you need. So you can pick up four 12's and two extension pieces, and its like having two 24" as well.

I use both the K-bodies and Uniklamp. For smaller projects the Uniklamps are usually easier to use and more times than not do the job. The K-bodies are great for laminations and anywhere that you need a bit more pressure. To give you an idea of how useful I find the 12", I have between 8-12 of each size of K-Bodies except the 12". I have 24 of them!

You do know the pack at Amazon is a mix of 6" 12" and 18"? Or you looking at another set.

Well, i snoozed and i lost out. They had 6 12" on Friday, and 0 12" saturday!! go figure...Dave, I did see that it was a set...i am figuring that an average price of $17/clamp is not bad. Anyone know if Woodcraft will be having their buy 3 get one free special on their clamps in the near future?

I use my 12" Bessey clamps a lot. I have seven of them and if I had storage room, I'd buy more. Seems I'm always gluing some small thing.

My next most used is the 24" clamps. When I run out of 12" clamps, I use the 24" clamps but they're not as nice for small work because of the long overhang.

Maybe I need to sell a few of the long clamps (to get some storage room) and get more of the 12".

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Hey mike, If u sell maybe i will buy some! Could always cut em back right?

Jay... I dont usually recommend a Harbor Freight item, but these are probably decent for the price. I have Jet parallels and they are great, but I also have a ton of money in them. If you watch for HF sale flyers, they usually run sales or offer % off coupons. Print the internet price and take that paper with you. Sometimes the price in store is more than the internet price, but if you have the printout, they will give you the lower price. I dont know where(or if)there is a HF in Wayne county, but we have one here in Stark at Whipple & Hills and Dales, west of Canton. I would also recommend that whatever you buy, stick with the same brand as you buy more. It just makes things easier, because of the height off of your bench for glue-ups.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93876
    My favorite cologne is BLO