Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You are a workaholic if

You are a workaholic if

Either that, or an e-mail junkie! Now that is just plain sad. Maybe she's reading a book online?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Too bad there isn't a slide/fold out tray table like on an airplane...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Now you're on to something Jim. Just think, when an employee takes that 20 minute bathroom break he/she can continue to work with no lost time for the company. Heck, let's save even more time, instead of cubicles just make everyone work from stalls. Saves all that time walking to and from the bathroom.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Too bad there isn't a slide/fold out tray table like on an airplane...
    I hope no administrator from my company sees this comment. They will come out with a "Lean" project offering to pay everyone to install one in the home bathrooms. I ain't gonna do it. I don't answer my cell phone in that little room either. It ain't no telephone booth!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I hope no administrator from my company sees this comment. They will come out with a "Lean" project offering to pay everyone to install one in the home bathrooms. I ain't gonna do it. I don't answer my cell phone in that little room either. It ain't no telephone booth!
    LOL . . .
    Ken you reminded me of something I haven't thought of in years. I worked as a medical transcriptionist at one point for a group of 12 physicians. One of the docs was notorious for dictating his office notes while he was having his "morning constitutional". Some days it wasn't so bad, but other days . . . well, let's just say the sound effects were pretty disgusting. For some reason I guess he thought his recorder only picked up the sound of his voice. Well, one day it was particularly bad, so I transcribed his office notes complete with sound effects (spelled to the best of my ability). He never dictated from the bathroom again.

Bella Terra

Come on you guys... Give the lady a break. She's probably downloading the operating manual. They are missing from most public facilities because people steal them and take them home to replace the ones they lost. Just like they used to steal the phone books from public pay phones (remember those?).
    David DeCristoforo

Already invented

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    LOL . . .
    Ken you reminded me of something I haven't thought of in years. I worked as a medical transcriptionist at one point for a group of 12 physicians. One of the docs was notorious for dictating his office notes while he was having his "morning constitutional". Some days it wasn't so bad, but other days . . . well, let's just say the sound effects were pretty disgusting. For some reason I guess he thought his recorder only picked up the sound of his voice. Well, one day it was particularly bad, so I transcribed his office notes complete with sound effects (spelled to the best of my ability). He never dictated from the bathroom again.
    Now that's funny -

Good one, Belinda.

Back to the original, today, you really don't need the computer if you're carrying a smart phone. You can call, email, SMS and surf to your hearts content while you're, umm...out of your office.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I never could understand it when people say that some of their best thinking happens in there...does it really take THAT much thought?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I always flush the toilet several times when I hear someone talking on a cell phone in the bathroom at work.

Sometimes the conversation stops and you can tell that the other person asked "Are you in the bathroom?" Sometimes the conversation doesn't even pause.

Belinda - I love your tag line about the angel and the strip club. Unfortunately I work somewhere that would not find it amusing . . .

Cheers

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mattheiss View Post
    Belinda - I love your tag line about the angel and the strip club. Unfortunately I work somewhere that would not find it amusing . . .

Cheers

Jim
    Thanks Jim! Funny, folks either love my tag lines, or are highly offended. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between the two. You wouldn't believe the number of women offended by the "mad cow" line, which I personally think is hysterical. I once worked in a business with 59 other women and I mean really, there is nothing like working with a herd of mad cows! This may come across as a sexist but it is simply the truth.

Bella Terra

maybe shes searching google to find out what else can be used a toliet paper?
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    maybe shes searching google to find out what else can be used a toliet paper?
    Yeah, not like the good old days when you could just use a page from Sears and Roebuck catalog.

Bella Terra