Thread: Football Helmet Graphic

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries

Football Helmet Graphic

Hi Everyone.

I'm planning on making some name tag badges in the shape of a football helmey for my grandsons pee-wee football team. I'll engrave the kids last name and player number to give to the parents as a donation.

I'm looking for a clean helmet design that has room for the lettering and number. Does anyone (yes, I know Frank will share something) have something for the kids (ages 10 years old)

Also I don't know how many of us with lasers have used the laser to cut material applique, but it's great. I purchase "Sports Twill (PSA and Perm) from Twill USA www.twillusa.com , stick two layers togeter, cut it on the laser and then heat press (Stahls' Hotronix Swinger) it on a garment at 320 degrees. It's does a super job and is not going to come off.

If anyone would like to see the process and a sample of my work, let me know and I'll try to post some photos. I find it's great if you want a larger sweatshirt logo, say 12" plus. You can do it for about $2 to $3 each. Also you can purchase the Twill by the yard for about $6 and they have many colors to choose from.

Thanks for your help.

Ron Thompson
    Poke-Me
    San Jose, CA
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

2. Football Helmet

Ron,

This one works for me.

Harlan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here are some helmets and a few footbally / mascoty / logo doofers to play with your mind.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Hi Ron

I would like to see your process for cutting twill - and I'm sure others would as well. What kind of items do you make - well, I guess we will see when you post your photos.

Thanks, Pete

Peter,

You can see some examples of the twill here.

http://www.cemlasers.com/PhotoGallery.aspx?GalCatId=10

Some are sewn some are just heat applied.

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries

Football Helmet Graphic

Here's another "How-To" link for Epilog lasers cutting Sports Twill from TwillUSA.com

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_fabric.htm

I'll also post some pictures in a week or so.

Ron

And thanks Harlen and Frank for the clipart helmets. I know which one I'll use. In fact I'll use one of the helmets and create a no-sew applique for a sweatshirt or jersey and a name badge with the same design. But it will be a week or two before I cn do it.
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

Ron

Just for fun try using the basic shapes tools in Corel along with the various weld type tools you'll be able to draw your own in 5 minutes.

Use the oval and rectangle tools.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here are a couple of files that we have used for name badges and paper cut-outs. The footballs were badges for the High School booster club - very well received. The helmets were cut out of of "3-for-a-dollar" poster board from the dollar store. It was blue and engraved bright white (engraved through the dyed top coat down to the un-dyed core).

There is a black oval on the inside of the helmet. It is there to align the name. Be sure to change it to a white outline before sending to the laser.

Gary and Jessica Houghton