Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Vista Software Compatability

keith, i just got over my software compatabilies with vista. i bought a new compaq hp with a vista 32 bit system on it. it was not easy, i got many different answers from many different people. i finally got it working( by i , i mean my little techy brother) this weekend. what machine are you running? i have laserpro files from gcc.

Jeremy,

My new Vista machine is 64 bit but I don't have to use it to run my Epilog Legend or any other equipment. My primary interest for this computer is design work as I plan to continue to use my XP Pro machine to run my engraver, vinyl cutter and dye-sub printer in my office. The Vista machine will also be used for email and working here at The Creek.

My XP workhorse will be just a few feet away in case the Vista machine gets a virus or blows up in my face I also have a laptop running XP Pro that is setup for running my engraver, CNC router, vinyl cutter and dye-sub printer. I learned long ago never to rely on one machine to run my sign business, it left me in a serious bind one day when I got a real bad virus and had to format the drive. These days I use external USB hard drives to store all of my data and I don't store anything of value on the operating system drives. I also have been making sure that my data and design files are stored on multiple machines/USB drives that includes one machine that isn't connected to the Internet. I guess I am gun shy these days, maybe I'm too careful.........

Next up Aaron is going to build me a killer Linux Box/Workstation to dedicate to most of my Internet related activities.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-30-2008 at 7:48 AM.