Thread: jointing some walnut....

jointing some walnut....

I'm fairly new to the forum (as well as to woodworking - about a year now of serious time at it).....and got associated with SMC because I was tracking down Dave's striking knives....btw, I'm quite pleased Dave .

Many posts show the final product of one's endeavors...and many talk about this tool or that....so I thought I'd show a couple pics of some air-dried walnut I'm jointing and some of my lumber stacks (I'll wisper very quietly that I got the walnut for $1/bf ):

lumber:

The walnut is obvious - very dirty but what do you expect for $1/bf?. On the right side...going top down is some amapola with white oak welded on...in the process of becoming drawer sides and backs. The walnut I'm jointing will be the fronts. Underneath the amapola is an 8/4 board of angico. Angico must be in the density of lignum vitae....HEAVY. Then some 8/4 amapola rough underneath the walnut. Left stack is few short boards of the drawer stock I'm prepping. Some 1x8 redwood fence boards - will be sawn into tomatoe sticks for holding up plants....(Lowes was closing them out at $2/board).

behind the MCP and OSB is more walnut...including a couple 6x8 x 8 - 10' timbers of black walnut. In the racks is a variety - white oak, red oak, hard maple, south american alder (????), madrone, euro beech, walnut, mahogany - s. macro, jatoba, bubinga, purpleheart, port orford cedar.
    Tim

on the neverending quest for wood.....

Tim,

I've got a MM20 showing up Sunday...it should power through that walnut nicely. Let me know...we can make sawdust together!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Nice lumber stacks Tim

You seem to have a varied selection to use for any projects you decide to build. I'm always happy to see a bench covered with shavings-- it beats sawdust any day. You will have to post progress pictures as things move along.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Tim,

Nice set up and great pix.That stack looks like my entire life savings$$$. Nice investment in a the big guys product.
    Thanks for sharing
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/