Thread: Eliminator Quick Change Chuck For Routers?

Eliminator Quick Change Chuck For Routers?

Eliminator Quick Change Chuck For Routers?

Just wondering if anybody has one of these or have used one and what your thoughts are of them? Do they work good? Do you get any new vibration out of your router since you put this on your router compared to just your regular collect? Are they worth it? Any help would be appreciated …

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I'm not familiar with it but it looks interesting. Where did you see it? If others think it is a good router accessory I'll probably pick at least one up.

I don't have one yet, but am wanting to get one too. From everything that I have seen, they are supposed to work very well, and don't have problems with vibration.

I particularly like the idea of using one in a table, as it would be so much easier to change bits above the table with it.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

4. You mean one of these--

they work great, especially in a table; easy one tool bit change. This is my second one.

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    ..Just wondering if anybody has one of these or have used one and what your thoughts are of them?
    I have one on my PC7518 table mounted router. My thoughts are that I would seriously resist anyone trying to take it from me.
    Do they work good?
    Yes. One handed, above the table bit changes are very simple and straightforward using a single hex wrench which is provided with the chuck and is kept in a drawer in my router table.
    Do you get any new vibration out of your router since you put this on your router compared to just your regular collect?
    None that I noticed.
    Are they worth it?
    Only you can decide that for yourself. For me, if mine should disappear the way my pencils, utility knives, and tape measures do, I'd immediately be on the phone ordering another one.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

I have 5 of them. I would not give them up.

One other question I forgot to ask is for the people that have one is have you used the ¼ ‘’ collect in them as well or just use the ½’’ ….also Rick if you Google it you will find a lot of places that offer them …
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I have used them with 1/4" & 8mm bushings without any problems.

I have an Extreme extension in one of my routers,works great, no vibration, above table changes are a breeze. Got it from Infinity I think?

10. If you want more information see the NewWoodworker tool review:
    http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...nchuckrvu.html

I've got a couple of these. I really liked them for a while, but you have to balance them very carefully. I stopped using them because of the extra clearance required for the height of the chuck, and because I could never get them perfectly balanced so there was always a little vibration.

Edit: I bought mine about 8 years ago, when they first came out. Maybe the newer models are easier to balance.
    Eric in Denver

There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

"Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsman can hide his mistakes." --Author unknown

I've been using one for 3 years mounted in a DeWalt 625. Most of the time I run 1/2" shank bits. Sometimes with an 8mm collet adapter for some HSS bits from England.

My router is attached to a device called a WoodRat (long story there) and is orientated right side up. Removing the bit with a T-handle hex wrench is easy. Haven't seen issues with vibration or excessive bit runout. Bits rarely stick or hang up when inserting or removing.

It's a proven product, in my view.

Gary Curtis
    Northern California

Knowing that you aren't going to be taking it off does anyone use thread lock when installing it?
    WHY IS IT SO MUCH EASIER TO START A NEW PROJECT THEN TO FINISH THE CURRENT ONE...

I didn't use thread lock. But then I've never checked the chuck for tightness. Don't know. Don't really care. That threaded motor shaft is pretty big and when I cranked the chuck on I used big wrenches and torqued it down pretty solid.

GC