Thread: Introduction and Brief Bio

Introduction (Bio Howard Ruttan)

Hello all; not sure if this is protocol, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Here goes:

My name is Howard Ruttan and I have been woodworking for over 20 years. I live for it. Woodworking frees me from the worries of real life. In real life I have been a chemical lab analyst, heavy equipment operator, teacher, and internet consultant. Right now I am proud to be a stay-at-home dad - by choice. Really! Next year that will all change when we make a big move and I go back to the world of the working. In the meantime my daughter and I can enjoy the shop time we have left - building things together. She's five.

When not in the shop building things, I am usually in the office either writing about woodworking or maintaining woodworking websites. Did I mention I was obsessed? I am also the programmer/designer/webmaster for my own web site as well as others - such as Ernie Conover's (www.conoverworkshops.com).

I only recently heard of this forum through WoodCentral. I try to, at the very least, monitor them all. I get a great many ideas and solutions to problems that way. This forum seems like one of the more collegial forums I have run across and I look forward to being an active and productive member.

Well, as usual I have taken the long way 'round the barn so I'll sign off. Life is good. Work wood!

Hey Howard ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Pull up a Bois de Arc stump and stay awhile.
    Welcome to the creek.
    Herb
    Carrollton, Texas

Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abraham Lincoln

Pull up a log

Howard -

Welcome to the Sawmill! Sit for a while before you go back to work next year.

Ted

Smile Welcome

Howard,

Welcome to SMC. I know you will enjoy hanging out at the creek. There's a lot of friendly and talented people here. We have something in common, I'm a stay-at-home PaPa. I have my 3 year old grand daughter but I can't wood work with her (too much noise).

Thumbs up Wow! 7 Howards signed up!

Welcome, Howard. Come on and stick you toes in or wade out into the current. You'll like it here.

Other Howard
    Every deed plants a seed.

Hey Howard,

You've joined the best woodworking bunch on the net or off!

Jim Izat

Thumbs up

Yes, Welcome Howard. I am a work at home Dad also. Self-employed cabinet maker and staircase builder.

Exclamation FOUL!!!

Originally posted by Howard Barlow
    Welcome, Howard. Come on and stick you toes in or wade out into the current. You'll like it here.

Other Howard
    OK, that's it! Just way, WAY too many "Howard's" out here now! Hey, just pullin' your leg! Come on in and join the rest of the "Howard's".....errrrrrr.....the rest of the folks here at the Creek. Good times, good people and good information to be shared by all. Great place to hang out and looking forward to many of your visits and input! A hearty "Welcome" to you!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks

Wow, thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I am glad to be here, amongst all the other Howards!

Dan Bussiere Guest

Welcome from New Jersey

Hi,
    Just a welcome from another NJ woodworker. Great forum, you'll like it here!
    Dan