Thread: Akins Machinery in NH--thumbs up!

Akins Machinery in NH--thumbs up!

Just a quick nod to Akins Machinery in Londonderry, New Hampshire. I just purchased my Sawstop from them (pics to follow soon on another thread) and they were a pleasure to deal with. I live in the Boston area and was originally going to buy one more locally but figured I'd check out places in New Hampshire to see if there were any close by so that I could save on the sales tax. I ended up speaking with Dan Akins and he was quite friendly and accommodating. Much more so than my local Woodcraft--nothing against them, I buy stuff from them all the time, but they just didn't seem all that enthusiastic. Akins is an hour away, only 30 min farther than Woodcraft, so an extra 30 min drive seemed like a small price to pay for saving $200 and for the excellent customer service. When I got there I learned that they tend to do a lot of business with big millwork shops who buy big sliding saws, CNC routers, etc (they have new and used equipment--I think they are the biggest SCMI dealer in the area). But they were more than happy to work with a hobbyist like me and they have been selling a lot of Sawstops. I also just got a card from them with a hand written note from Dan Akins thanking me for doing business with them and wishing me luck with everything. Nice touch. So if you live in New England and are in the market for a Sawstop or other fancy equipment, check them out: http://www.akinsmachinery.com/.
    --Rob

2. Thanks Rob I live in Londonderry and saw that Akins sells SawStop. I also think Western Tool in Manchester also sells SawStop. Did they deliver or did you pick it up yourself? I will be in the market for the SS contractor saw the first of the years and I will definitely check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwood Ferrari View Post
    Thanks Rob I live in Londonderry and saw that Akins sells SawStop. I also think Western Tool in Manchester also sells SawStop. Did they deliver or did you pick it up yourself? I will be in the market for the SS contractor saw the first of the years and I will definitely check them out.
    I rented a truck with liftgate and picked it up. I think they'd be able to deliver but I don't know anything about what they would charge--check with Dan Akins. Good luck.