Thread: Photograv trial

Photograv trial

Just wondering if there was a trial version of photograv out there. I am very new to laser engraving and would like to try it out before I invest more money.

George, I don't know of any trial. For the cost, I'm not impressed. Some drivers, such as Epilog will come real close to Photograv quality. Yes there is a difference, but I'd challenge the untrained eye to see it (without the aid of magnification). If there had been a trial use, I would never had paid for it. Having said that I do use Photograv, but very seldom - For every 100 jobs I might use it once or twice.
    As you'll see here there is no software that will make a poor photo produce well - garbage in - garbage out
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Welcome to the Creek George. There is a search facility which you can see above this page in white on a blue background. Using that do a search on alternatives for Photograv or search on some of my previous posts. There have been a lot of discussions regarding the subject and will be very useful to you in making your decision. Also you will be able to explore the alternatives which have been supplied free by members of the community.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

4. Don't no what laser you have, but if it's Universal I heard rumor of a new driver release that will incorporate photo options in the near future.

Marty

PhotoGrav

George,

PhotoGrav offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Couldn't hurt to order it, play with it & send it back (if it doesn't do what you want it to do!).

From PhotoGrav's website:

5. Q. What if I order PhotoGraV and discover that it does not satisfy my requirements?
    A. Return the program diskettes and documentation within thirty (30) days of receipt for a full refund of your purchase price. Refunded amounts do not include shipping and handling charges and returned products automatically terminate your PhotoGraV License Agreement.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts