Thread: Best Felder Salesperson?

Best Felder Salesperson?

I'm going to look into the Felder line of combination machines. Who do you recommend that I speak to at Felder? I want someone who is very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

Talking

Hi Russ,

Each location is different, however I found that all the staff at Felder Ontario were excellent.

I personally would go to the dealer and speak to the sales people. I find that I often seem to strike up a relationship with one person out of a team, and stay with that person.

Of course the only problem is that once I'm in their showroom, resistance is futile....LOL

regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 10-16-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Russ, Come on over to the Felder Owners Group site on Yahoo and ask your questions. You will find a very knowledgeable and helpful group of guys and not someone who is just trying to make a sale. Good Luck, Dino
    The lyf so short The craft so long to lerne

I did my deal with Eric Delaney. He was easy to work with and made sure that he only pushed the stuff that would be most useful while steering me away from less than optimal equipment.

Cliff, I think that Erik moved on, but could be mistaken.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Cliff, I think that Erik moved on, but could be mistaken.
    He may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Mullins View Post
    Who do you recommend that I speak to at Felder? I want someone who is very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.
    Sorry I have to chuckle on the knowledgable/straight shooter & Felder combination......Even if you opt to buy from a different company, I think the best solution is for you to speak directly with real owners of the equipment you are looking into. Even better go see the machines and use them. Make your decision based upon these "touch & feel" meetings and then negotiate your best price with any salesperson knowing that they are only the broker of the transaction....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B. Cresti View Post
    Sorry I have to chuckle on the knowledgable/straight shooter & Felder combination......Even if you opt to buy from a different company, I think the best solution is for you to speak directly with real owners of the equipment you are looking into. Even better go see the machines and use them. Make your decision based upon these "touch & feel" meetings and then negotiate your best price with any salesperson knowing that they are only the broker of the transaction....
    Paul, I found that the Felder saleperson wasn't simply a "broker of the transaction", they provided excellent technical advice and had an in depth knowledge of the equipment, and offered advice regarding other models and options that would have been hard to obtain from an owner who only owned one model of equipment.

They also provided a demo of the equipment which was very comprehensive, and were willing to spend as much time with me as I wanted. When I had one question they couldn't answer, they promptly obtained one from Austria.

The demo was top notch, and the saleperson explained the significant differences between what I was using, and how the Felder machinery offered improvements on what I was doing. There weren't any negative comments about the other brand I owned (General) just factual comparisons and benefits.

I wish that every sales demo was as good......Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Paul, I found that the Felder saleperson wasn't simply a "broker of the transaction", they provided excellent technical advice and had an in depth knowledge of the equipment, and offered advice regarding other models and options that would have been hard to obtain from an owner who only owned one model of equipment.
    Well of course they showed you additional models...they wanted to up sell you. It seems from the little I have heard the Felder group up in Canada might have their act together....from my experience here on the East Coast....not so much

I think it is safe to say that the people make the company. We have two Home Depot's pretty close to each other. One is great and the other one...well, not so great. The managment is totally different between the two: one is clean and well stocked both with knowledgeable and helpful people and the other is, well, not.

All it takes is one bad rep of a Company X to sour you and, well, you only get once chance to make a first impression. I'm sure Felder has good and bad reps...just like Minimax...and one's encounter is adjusted as a result....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I checked out the Felder booth at the Industrial wood working show in Hartford, CT this spring. Very knowledgeable and pleasant people, but holy pushy sales tactics batman. Every other word was . "So are you ready to make this deal today, should I get some paper work?"

I made clear from the beginning that it was my intention to look at several makers machines in person, that I was planning to purchase a slider and possibly a sliding table shaper in the next three to five years for use in my small business, that I had a fully equipped shop with traditional American shop tools presently that must generate the income to purchase the new tools. Fact finding mission and nothing else.

One man with a strong Austrian accent, whose name may have been Fritz, was very forceful with his sales pitch, but he was also very knowledgeable, and frankly the equipment is some very very high quality machinery. The gentleman eventually let me inspect and paw the tools shamelessly at my leisure. His strategy at a busy show may have been to separate the tire kickers from the buyers so he may be due the benefit of the doubt? Minimax was also excellent, Rojek was strong on some items, Laguna was not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Mullins View Post
    I'm going to look into the Felder line of combination machines. Who do you recommend that I speak to at Felder? I want someone who is very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.
    I just bought a CF 741 Pro with Brian Lindley's help. He's in the Sacramento branch, and I will call him when I need something else. Which machine are you interested in? There are a bewildering variety of options, and having help wading through them all is essential, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B. Cresti View Post
    Well of course they showed you additional models...they wanted to up sell you. It seems from the little I have heard the Felder group up in Canada might have their act together....from my experience here on the East Coast....not so much
    Actually he down sold me to a less expensive model than I was originally looking at, and mentioned that there would be specials at the Toronto wood show.

After using it for a while, he was right, the best combination of price/features for me was the less expensive model, I don't need the larger machine for my shop or work.

Regards, Rod.