Thread: Question about PSH1 sprayer

Question about PSH1 sprayer

I have a 2HP air compressor rated at 7.1 SCFM@40PSI. I am wanting to try spraying my finishes (water based and oil based) and am wondering if I have enough air to use the PSH1 or would I be better off to go with a Earlex unit. I would appreciate your thoughts. I believe the specs for the PSH1 calls for 9 SCFM@40PSI. I want to limit my investment until I know spraying is the way I want to go.

Thanks for your input.
    Dick
    dickn

Dick,

I own the PSH1, but have never used it. I bought it for some projects I was thinking about spraying with latex paint. I ended up never using it, nor have I used the Earlex. You can find a bunch of info regarding the PSH1 over at www.homesteadfinishing.com if you do a search.
    The big reason I bought the PSH1 was because I had read in several places that you could spray latex with it along with other water and oil based products and get a decent finish...

Chris
    Almost 10 years of WWing and something tells me I'm going to stay a Newbie the rest of my life, but still having all kinds of fun doing it.

I use a PSH1 with a 1HP (a real 1HP) compressor. I've never run out of air while using it. When the compressor kicks off, it builds up pressure faster than I'm using it and eventually shuts off. Of course, when you're spraying you're not using air continuously - you go on and off as you spray back and forth.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have a PSH1, and for the money I think you'd be better of going with something like the Qualspray QS-125WB from Homestead Finishing, or the Asturo ECO/SX. From what I've read, both outperfrom the PSH1 and neither cost that much more. In fact, I just completed my last project with the PSH1 and will probably buy one of the above mentioned guns for future use. Also see here:

http://rlmillard.typepad.com/my_webl...finish-co.html