Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Veritas - New Line of Hand Planes?

> I like hand planes.

:-) too funny.....

I hope Lee Valley is watching the calendar as much as I am. Tomorrow is November 24....

Vivian

It's the 24th... where are my new planes?!?!?!? Lol... was hoping that the site would update at midnight (in one of the time zones)... this is tool junkie torture! I need a fix!! I've already loaded my cart with quite a bit, including the new saw...

My guess for the new tools are a large plow plane or something similar that allows for complex profile cutters... along the lines of the BCT HP6v2... at least, that's what I'm hoping for.
    -Charles

Almost 7AM, EST -- still no planes.

*fingers tapping*
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Should be go good now Chris....

Cheers -

Rob

Dag, lost my internet connection and you beat me to it!
    Wow, looks like butta! Rob, I didn't see any info on horsepower, acceleration, top speed, etc.. Does the premium model qualify as "bling" for the woodworker? Nice job and well done!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah I'm not sure about how I feel about those. I keep getting this image in my head...

Oh. My. God.

That is a thing of beauty! Rob, you folks have outdone yourselves, haven't you?

Now I know what I want for Christmas!

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

It wasn't the first thing I did when I woke up this morning, but it was pretty close.

I think these are first 21st century planes. I know they won't appeal to all, but they appeal to me. And, I know that they will work as well as they look.

The copy says "Close manufacturing tolerances reduce backlash to no more than 1/4 turn." That's really something.

As for the new dovetail saw, . . . I can't say that I think it's attractive, but it may grow on me. If it's a quality saw, as I would expect, it's a bargain though.
    Last edited by John Schreiber; 11-24-2008 at 8:55 AM. Reason: Saw the saw
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Comimg soon endorsements as the official plane of Batman and Buck Rogers. They look like they sould rise up on a cushion of air and plane the wood themselves. I am speechless............... almost.
    Craftsmanship is the skill employed in making a thing properly, and a good craftsman is one who has complete mastery over his tools and material, and who uses them with skill and honesty.

N. W. Kay

I dont know that it's going to make me sell off my LN Adj. Mouth block plane and replace it, but it sure would look cool zippin down my Hot Wheels track.
    Use the fence Luke

I put in my order at 7:00 this morning. Should be playing with it on Wednesday!!!
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

I don't need another block plane, but I can't wait to get my hands on one to see what it feels like. Shame there's no store around here. But one of my friends will buy one soon.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

When I'm ready for my mid-life crisis I've decided I'm going to want an NX60 instead of a sports car.