Thread: Geez...you leave town for a couple of days...

Thumbs up Geez...you leave town for a couple of days...

Gee.....I drove to Great Falls, Mt for a couple of days....It rained every day while I was gone! LOML took one pic while I was gone. The first shows what happened Tuesday. The second shows what is going on this a.m. Things are progressing dispite the inclimate weather! They hope to sheath the roof later this afternoon and possibly shingle the roof tomorrow! In case you are wondering I am all s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm jealous, Ken. That looks great. I am curious about the door to the right of the big door, though. Why is it so short?

Dave, I'm on a tight budget and found the lower half of a Dutch door on sale!
    Ken

Good on you Ken to make the most of the situation. If I were you, I'd frame up a possible opening, maybe in the back, in case you find the top half of a Dutch door on sale sometime down the road.

Ken & Dave I think the halves of both your Dutch doors are flapping like bats wings in a belfry.

Almost a good lookin shop Ken, when its closed in & dry & your lookin out the window you'll have to post a picture of your broad smile.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Super! That looks to be all 2x6 on the exterior walls? Good for you...that is the way to do it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

That's going to be an awesome shop, Ken. And what a nice surprise to come home to!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Chris,
    Yup! 2x6 walls. I am really happy with my contractor. While I was in Montana he took the liberty of buying some insulation and insulating the corner "pockets" as he was connecting the walls together as he knew I would not be able to get in there to do so after they were attached. This guy is impressive! Honest, does good work, and communicates! He is also been very easy to work with about the changes I've decided to make and let me know to the dollar they would affect my budget. So far, sooooo good!

Bart, did you really see that much movement or did you feel the wind from those halves flapping?
    Ken