Thread: Spread sheats, and woodworking

Spread sheats, and woodworking

Last year I bit the bullet and spent $3700 on a CAD program so I didn't have to hand draw anything anymore. Cutlists don't mean much to me for box work, or faceframes, ( you spend more time sorting parts than is neccesary a good plan and a 3rd grade level of arithmetic work faster), and I already have Excel, so spending the extra $1k for the version that gave me cutlists wasn't that appealing. I use Cabnetware if you're curious.

This is what I use to make cutlists for doors + Drawers
    The drawer program is the best of the bunch. Its figured for 5/8 material, with the bit cutting depth of .3125". The dado for the bottoms being just shy of that depth. Doesn't leave much room for the bottom to move about, just over a 1/16".

The door list program there is seperate tabs for raised panel and flat panel. The difference being how much room the panel is given. Flat panel gets an 1/8", raised panel gets 1/4". I use MDF core material for flat panel, so swelling isn't much of an issue. You also have to punch in the width of your rail and stile at the top. Its figured for cutters that make a 7/16" slot, typically its 1/2", I've just got a wierd set of cutters.

Its best to check the "read only" box under properties so you can't accidently save the blank template once you have your numbers on there.

I get a giggle out of programs for sale that are basically the same thing. I'm not computer savvy in the slightest, but setting up a spreadsheat is relatively simple.

shoot. Tried to upload the door sheat and its too big. If you must have it I can email it. Tried compressing and that didn't help. Maybe zip?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Karl Brogger; 11-11-2008 at 5:09 PM.

Cool...Thanks!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan