Thread: Redemption and gloats?!

Redemption and gloats?!

I bought two items on an online auction, gotta go pick em up monday.

Rockwell shaper 2hp 1ph

Unique Machine, 5x12 face frame table

This is the one I was really hoping to get.

Anyone know what the shaper is actually worth? Best I could find was $600-$1000 for similar model/size shapers for sale.

I would guess the shaper with out the original fence is worth $500-700, very good mid sized shapers, what size spindle came with the Delta?
    The assembly table is "sweet", I looked at the Kreg and Castle and your Unique is in a class by itself!
    David Werkheiser

Quote Originally Posted by David Werkheiser View Post
    I would guess the shaper with out the original fence is worth $500-700, very good mid sized shapers, what size spindle came with the Delta?
    The assembly table is "sweet", I looked at the Kreg and Castle and your Unique is in a class by itself!
    David Werkheiser
    According to the description it has a 1" spindle. That's gotta be fairly uncommon, as most stuff today is either 3/4" or 1-1/4" spindle. The cutter that will be going into it is available in 1" so thats fine too. It'll be using a 1-1/4" straight cutter for cutting the slot for undermount slides. That was the whole intent of buying it. I don't feel so bad about what I payed, I searched Craigslist and thats about what I found for a value too. I payed 415.72+10% buyers premium, and 6.5% sales tax for the shaper, (so $484.31). Not an unbelievable deal, but I didn't get hosed either, which is good enough for me.

The frame table I payed $1250 + 10% buyers fee + 6.5% sales tax, for a total of $1456.25. I was willing to bid it up to $1700, and maybe a squeak more. I "think" these are about $4k new. There is a couple of 4x8 Castle frame tables used for sale, they're around $2k, and all of them that I've used haven't been that great. The table frame flexs a bit and will open the joint on the table side, making it difficult to get em' tight. This might have been solved though, I don't know. If you've got the room, (which I don't) 5x12 is the only way to fly.

Nice haul