Thread: My first 3D

My first 3D

Not without flaws, but all in all I am happy with the outcome.
    The file came with Aspire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

James,

Very nice work, I don't need a crystal ball to know what you will be working on in your shop this year. The new Aspire software looks like it is great stuff!

I'm still debating the upgrade. I have a couple other things on my list that would be a better business decision for the near term but not as much fun as 3D software for my router.

That turned out pretty darn good James. If that is your first 3D piece, I can't wait to see what you will turn out down the road.

Skip
    Skip

WK Laser LC6090 80w - Shopsabre 4896 CNC Router

excellent!! my first was a disaster, i get a pic.

jim

James - I need your address. As for your "picture frame" issues, I think I see it in these pics. I usually find hat its flexing in the material, or verifying that you have the Z perpendicular to the table( thats usually a one time function ) How did you hold down material?

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    James - I need your address. As for your "picture frame" issues, I think I see it in these pics. I usually find hat its flexing in the material, or verifying that you have the Z perpendicular to the table( thats usually a one time function ) How did you hold down material?
    The material was screwed to the spoil board. and it was 1 inch thick white oak so I don't except much flex in the material. but I will run some tests.
    address sent in PM.
    LaserCut 5.3

Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Well, there goes my theory! It looks like an "area clear" with a 1/4 inch endmill in the background, but that can't be. Any spring in your spoilboard or table?

James it turned out really good.. What flaws u have seen in it!!!!

flex in the material or spoil board

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Khattak View Post
    James it turned out really good.. What flaws u have seen in it!!!!
    It is difficult to see in the photo, actually it is not easy to see in person, but if you look closely you will notice traces from the roughing bit that border the dragon. Neville has suggested that it may be due to some flex in the material or spoil board and I am trying to determine if that is the case.
    LaserCut 5.3

While "vertical Flexing" is oftentimes the solution, also remember that you are way more critical than anyone else will be. I certainly advocate truing up your tools & techniques, but maybe be a little "softer" on yourself & come up with neat new sanding methods. You have to weigh up a 6 hour perfect cut and a 2 hour cut that you can fine tune with a chisel & sandpaper in 20 minutes. PLease dont think I'm "harping" on you. This is advice I should follow myself too!

i have flogging sanders on an air grinder!!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    i have flogging sanders on an air grinder!!

jim
    Hmm..can you post the picture of it?.. Do the sander work without damaging the minor details?..I didn't use it or u can say i am totally ignorant to that