Thread: Anyone know of...

Anyone know of...

a manufacturer making tray/drawer glides that lock in place when fully extended?

The Squeeze came home from a quilting show & told me about a small cabinet that held a small ironing board on a pull out tray & locked in place. She claims it would be just the ticket for ironing the small doll clothes & quilt pieces. She really liked the cabinet, but not for US $400.00 +

Pull out ironing boards are not all that expensive...the one we have in our laundry room from Ikea was $79. It locks in place very nicely and is our main ironing board at this point. (We still have a full size one, but haven't used it since getting the new 2nd floor laundry up and running with the completion of our addition)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Interesting idea, but it is too big for my wife’s needs. To iron out doll clothes & some quilt pieces, she doesn’t need a full sized board. The one she has now is about one-half the size of a regular ironing board.

I just need to find a locking full extension slide, figure a way to put the ironing board on it, then build the cabinet around it.

Ray, the Ikea unit I linked to is a half sized board. Fully extended, it's only 35" from the edge of the counter top to the end of the board. It's is full width, however. There is just the right amount of room on it to iron and have the iron available.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ray,
    Outwater hardware carries an Accuride lock-open drawer slide that is intended for cutting board drawers, might do what you want.
    http://www.outwaterhardware.com/cata...8.asp?page=606

Hal
    If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Many drawer slide lines have a version with a hold-out detent, intended for keyboards or similar applications. Here's a link to KV's: http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...-Out%20Feature

Accuride's equivalent is the 3832DO.