Thread: EPILOG SUMMIT Raster problem

EPILOG SUMMIT Raster problem

EPILOG SUMMIT Raster problem
    Hello All !

I am new to this board and hope that someone with some previous experience with the Epilog Summit laser may be able to point me in the right direction. Our old Summit laser will vector cut no problem but will not raster. We have moved the machine to a new location, but as the machine will still vector cut ok I doubt that the machine has a mechanical failure. We are using a new PC which is probably where the problem arises. When rastering, the gantry moves to the correct position and the head moves as if engraving, however the laser is not firing. The machine will vector cut no problem. The machine is using the old 3.3A firmware, so I have installed the correct drivers from the epilog site on a Windows 98 PC. I can report:
    • Have ticked raster & combined boxes, no effect.
    • Machine will vector cut AOK
    • Have tried color mapping, both with and without, no change
    • Have tried computer control of speeds / feeds on and off - no change
    • Have tried converting image to bitmap - no change
    • Have tried converting to curves - no change
    • We are using coreldraw 8
    I suspect I have something set incorrectly in the driver or possibly the port settings, but not sure. Have consulted the technical information available but can't find any helpful hints.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks - Sean

Could it be a Corel problem with the layers and print or not print setting in object manager?

If you type out some simple text and see if it lasers.

I have the same setup but have not used it yet having been too busy doing wood carving. I would like to buy the control board to let it run on XP.

AL
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 12-20-2008 at 9:17 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I had a similar issue, but the cause was a bonehead issue of my own (lid was not closed all the way).
    Summit's are dinosaurs but still workhorses. It's the only laser I've got (and could afford at the time). I run windows 98 (I believe) but the guy I purchased from said he used XP with no problems. I also use Corel 9 as I'm told that's the highest release I can use. I've not heard of a firmware upgrade for my release version (one of the earlier). It would be neat to be able to do a lot of the things we seen here, but withouth X3, no worky