Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 Tried and True Money Makers

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Garcia View Post
    Closer view
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. Interesting stuff.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Phil,
    Do you cut the ribbons or just burn them?

Thanks,
    David
    PLS 3.60, CorelDraw X4, Full Adobe Maser Suite (oh yeah), 3ds Max, 6 Dell 690 Work Stations (and a host of other hardware).

Just burn them, I keep them on the spool so the bride can cut them to the length they need for your their decor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

where do you get the ribbons? how do you engrave them? what colour do they come out? how much do you charge?
    Mr C.

The customer usually provides the ribbon since in weddings and special events they color coordinate everything and I really do not want to spend the time trying to match ribbon. I use my Epilog 35Watt system at 100 Speed and from 50 to 70 Power depending on the ribbon. It does not color at all at those settings. If you run hot it will leave a burned edge or a melting effect if the ribbon has a lot of synthetics. I charge .70 cents to a $1.00 a foot for lasering only and our regular setup fees, etc....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

Hi everyone !

I'm a newbie from far far away....I'm from Istanbul / TURKEY

I'm trying to build laser business for myself right now. As i check about moneymakers in this topic, all i see is products like gifts or promotion stuff etc. I think 3Score lasertile products are great for creating decoration components like fireplaces, bathrooms etc...

In Turkey laser systems are likely new and only used for promotional materials producting. Nobody is using them for decoration.

Has anyone experienced these products for decoration or am i missing something
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor
    felix compressor&airbrush

sawgrass sublimation system

Information is valuable only when it's shared.

Best exercise is the race itself-M.Schumacher.

Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

The items pictured on the website are fairly common here with many people buying tile from do it yourself stores then using the laser.

Thre are also suppliers who have tile especially for lasering. Marble and granite are fairly common as well as acrylic substitutes such as DuPont Corian.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I bought/use my laser for different reasons than probably 99 percent of the folks here.
    Here's a picture of my business card. Done on an Epilog Summit. Rastering and vectoring. I get the stock from the remnant bin at home improvement stores. A couple coats of spray on lacquer and they're ready to raster and vector.
    Attached Images Attached Images