Thread: Sketchup 7 acting weird

Sketchup 7 acting weird

Anyone else having problems with this version? I have putzed around w/ SU in the past, but last night made my first 'serious' go at using it for a project. Nothing too fancy, just a wall shelf to go above my work area. I get lots of fracturing of the screen image (makes it really hard to keep track of where you are clicking when the screen splits three or four ways and one half your project is offset from the other half, and then returns) and and general twitchiness. I've never had this sort of issue on any computer I've loaded and played with SU on in the past, and some of those were considerably lower in performance than mine.

I don't have the newest system out there - Pentium D 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, plenty of HD space, with an nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 3D video card with 512MB RAM, running WinXP. One wouldn't *think* such a setup would have much trouble with a relatively simple model - no 3-D animation or walk-thrus, etc.

Any guesses? Is anyone else having problems w/ the software, or should I be looking somewhere else for my problem?

Thanks,

Monte

Monte,

Yes. I BRIEFLY experienced intermittent line display. It would not stabilize, so I exited, opened another screen, and all was well. No further problems.

-Jerry

Jerry,

I tried exiting and restarting several times... no improvement. Someone else suggested going into SketchUp -> Windows -> Preferences -> OpenGL and fiddling with the settings there. I unchecked 'Use Fast Feedback', which seems (for now) to have settled things down - granted, I pretty much had finished this project, so now I need to build this one and get on to doodling up something else so I can tell for sure if the fix stuck or not

Thanks,

Monte