Thread: Rubber feet for cutting boards????

Rubber feet for cutting boards????

Need some help here. I am making cutting boards for Christmas presents, and would like to put feet on them. Does anyone know where I can buy the feet. The ones that I am thinking of are wooden feet with rubber inserts to keep the board from slipping around on the counter. Thanks for the help. -John

Blog Entries
    Go to your local contractor door supply house. Get a box of the little rubber bumpers they make for installation in metal door frames to silence the doors as they close. You can drill a hole in the wood and push one of the rubber bumpers into the hole to make a foot. You may have to play witht eh hole size to get the fit right since the bumpers are made to fit into sheet metal.

You can also buy self adhesive silicone bimpers at the local hardware stores. I've used them, but they don't stick well to some finishes.

Our Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets also have door bumpers on them, but I have no idea where you could buy them.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee

I use the little rubber bumpers that are use on kitchen cabinets to keep them from banging. I get them from HD or Lowes they are usually by where they keep the hinges. I have had them on mine for over a year and they have not come off.

lowes has screw-in rubber feet for furniture, if you flip those upside down they work great, that's what i have on mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McCann View Post
    Lee

I use the little rubber bumpers that are use on kitchen cabinets to keep them from banging. I get them from HD or Lowes they are usually by where they keep the hinges. I have had them on mine for over a year and they have not come off.
    I have an oak trash can that is finished with polyurethane and I have to replace one or more feet every few months. I've even tried roughing up the surface with sandpaper. As soon as I get a chance, I plan on drilling the bottom and installing the rubber bumpers. I have some that were left over from a construction project where I work.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Can't ya just tell 'em its a reversible cutting board?

I use the Shepherd Anti-Skid Pads from the orange BORG. They're 1" diameter and have a metal plate in the middle the supplied screw fits into. On the package is item 9644, but I don't know the SKU....
    Been using them for 2 years and no complaints, I just grab a bunch whenever I'm in the store, which isn't too often.
    I find them in the section where the furniture 'slides' are.
    BTW, the picture on the HD website is not correct. Go figure.
    This one is: http://www.drillspot.com/products/27...Round_Grip_Pad
    Last edited by Dave Hale; 11-24-2008 at 7:09 PM.

Thanks for the ideas. I am sure one of them will work.

I've made a few boards over the years and have used many different methods from turning the feet to stick on felt pads, etc..... but the last one I made I used rubber door stops, the kind to be fastened to the wall behind the door to keep the knob from hitting the wall. About $1.50 for two and the blue borg.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

There are lots of ways to skin that cat. I used the large, rubber stick-on pads from Lowe's. I put a small, brass screw through the center of each pad. Nope. They don't come off.

Contrary to everyone else I actually use the small slippery plastic tips one puts on chair legs. The non skid are great but inevitably something spills under the cutting board and it is much easier to slide it out of the way than it is to pick it up, especially if it is more than 18 inches square.

Rob

Yet one more idea! I have used neoprene rubber grommets which I found on sale at a surplus outlet. I drilled a shallow recess half their thickness with a Forstner bit and siliconed them in place.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!