Thread: Help With Wolverine Balancing System and Delta Grinder

Help With Wolverine Balancing System and Delta Grinder

I am trying to install the Oneway Balancing System to my Delat Variable Speed Grinder and am having a little trouble. I got the wheel balanced with no trouble, but have a couple of questions about mounting the balanced wheel.

1. Am I supposed to remove the inner-most washer/flange on the Delta Grinder. It is about 3 inches and conclave. Looks like it should be removed, but it does not want to come off. It is like there is a taper on the shaft preventing it from coming off. Can it or should it be forced off?

2. Here is a copy of what the Oneway instructions say about installing it on the Delta Grinder:

Delta 8” Variable Speed: Two extra 5/8” machined washers are required. To install: Remove the Delta washers and spacers. Slide two 5/8” washers on to the shaft. Mount the RH flange to the left side of the grinder with the weights of the Balancing Kit towards the motor side. Install speed nut and guard.

Where do the extra washers go? What RH flange are they referring to, the one that is already in the balanced wheel, or the one from Delta? I assume that the extra washers need to be the same diameter as the ones supplied by Oneway so that they will fit inside the balancing nuts since that is turned toward the inside. Is that correct?

Any help from you Delta Grinder owners who have installed this would be helpful, or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks,

Jeff

I just went thru this on my Delta grinder. You do remove the inner 3" washers and disguard them. The problem I ran across was puting the wheels back on. The machined washers go on first and then according to the directions you put the wheel with the balance screws inward. When I did this the balance screws hit the grinder casing inside. To solve this I made a 1/4 " spacer to replace the machined washer supplied and had plenty of clearance. I suppose you could add more washers to get the clearance needed. The RH and LH flange is the ones from oneway. Use the RH on the right hand thread side and LH on the left hand thread side. Hope this makes sense. I must say that this made a big difference on my grinders performance. Runs a whole lot smoother.

The OneWay system replaces the standard washers on the grinder.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Got the washers off and am now mounting the wheels with extra washers. So I am assuming that the RH thread will go on the right hand side of the grinder and the LH thread on the left side as you face it. Turning the wheel inward was throwing me off a little bit. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Paxton View Post
    Got the washers off and am now mounting the wheels with extra washers. So I am assuming that the RH thread will go on the right hand side of the grinder and the LH thread on the left side as you face it. Turning the wheel inward was throwing me off a little bit. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Yes that is correct.

Once you have the wheel balanced and mounted face off the wheel then take it off and rebalance it. It will move a lot of the time when the wheel is faced.

Regards, Steve