Thread: Opinions on Accuspray 23i-T Please

Opinions on Accuspray 23i-T Please

I have an opportunity to buy a never used 23i-T for $400. From what I've found in my research, it looks like it has been discontinued, and the list price is $675, although I don't know if thats a closeout price or the original price. I have an Earlex now from Woodcraft which I've been very happy with, but I'm having a hard time passing up this value. Any comments? Thank you!
    BTW, I'm spraying NC Black Lacquer.
    Last edited by Ken Casser; 11-27-2008 at 9:45 AM.

I own an Accuspray 23K system. It has given me fine service for ten years or so. I'm not sure what a 23i-T is, but I strongly suspect the extra letters describe the needle and nozzle. (Those parts can be changed fine-tune the gun to deal with fluids of different viscosities.) One retailer I use (Homestead Finishing) is offering the 23K for $975, and says the MSRP is $1025, so your $400 price is quite good.

ummm....This $400 offering is a complete system, right? That is, there's a turbine, a gun with all its parts, and a hose?

Thanks, Jamie. Yes, the system is complete with the 3 stage turbine and the "T" gun with a #10 aircap and a 0.051 needle . My brother-in-law has offered it to me. It was originally given to his father as a gift, but he never got around to using it, and he couldn't find anyone else to buy it. I've gotten involved with spraying, and am thinking that I should buy this to replace my Earlex, which has been great, but surely isn't of the same caliber as the Accuspray. I think the Accuspray will be give me more flexibility in choice of materials, etc. Thank you for your response. Happy Thanksgiving!

If it's what I think it is....

...buy it. My friend has one, at least I think it's the same thing. Screw on cup, little turbine box? Killer gun. I want it.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

One question - okay, two - Is it supposed to get hot where the hose connects with the turbine? and what is the ballcock for that is on the hose? It seems to have two positions, but I couldn't find anything in the manual referring to that feature.