Thread: CorelDraw X4

CorelDraw X4

I'm stumped with the fillet feature and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I used to use it with no problems with the rectangle tool and also on photographs after I import them. But for whatever reason in the last week, I try to use it and a window pops up saying "Fillet, scallop, and Chamfer can only be applied to undistorted curve objects. Would you like to automatically convert objects for use with this tool?" It then asks "yes" or "cancel." When I hit yes, it acts as if its working but nothing happens. The radius is set by default at 30 degrees and I have not changed it since installing it.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem? I do photo engraving and need this to do plaques, it's putting a thorn in my side. I've tried "help" and it only gives instructions on how to use the feature, no fixing if not working. I also tried the Corel Support, but they haven't gotten back to me in 2 days (weekend). I have a couple pending jobs to do with this feature as a requirement and I don't know what to do.
    Epilog 36EXT 75 Watts

I would suggest starting over and converting the object to curves before using the tool. I believe that once you set the tool it will remain as set until you reset it.

Forget about using the automatic setting until you get further help. FYI X3 works the same way.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Perreira View Post
    The radius is set by default at 30 degrees and I have not changed it since installing it.
    Or perhaps it's not set to 30 degrees (can't find degrees when I use that tool), and it's actually set to 30 inches, which when you click, it can't do, because your image isn't large enough to put 30 inch radii on the corners? That would explain why nothing happens when you click it. Try 1/2" (.500) and see if that works.

Just trying to think through it with you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.