Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP - I've fallen and I can't get up

Talking HELP - I've fallen and I can't get up

FirstSnow08d.jpg

Well OK, if you've got another Scooby Snack
    FirstSnow08e.jpg

This is the first so far this year that hasn't melted before it landed and it's still coming.
    FirstSnow08a.jpg
    Use the fence Luke

Congrats?

That might be the storm that closed I-90 west of Rapid City, SD. 400 motorists stranded....34 tractor trailers stuck......44" on the level IIRC and drifts up to 9' deep.

Good luck!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ugghhh! We've seen our first snowfall around here already too. We got a dusting closer to the city, but it was better than 2' out in the boonies. Just great Just what I have been looking forward to - another 6 months of winter Blah!
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Ugh. 'Course the wife did talk me into buying a snow blower. I was traveling last year when we got 8". She didn't like shoveling.

Watch us get nothing this year. Oh well.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Oh I do love snow-on the grass, in the trees, not on pavement or my car...
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

We got 24" in one shot one year and my dad had broke his leg at that point and I was just slightly too young to learn how to use the snowblower. Mom, Sis, and I had to shovel the heavy wet snow from the driveway and sidewalk(after the snow plow had come through!) Needless to say, after that I learned how to use the snowblower!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I'll be sure to post some pics of my dog once he is ears deep this winter.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    Ugh. 'Course the wife did talk me into buying a snow blower. I was traveling last year when we got 8". She didn't like shoveling.

Watch us get nothing this year. Oh well.
    That's the best insurance against snow.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Doug,
    We had around 3/4" on the ground this morning when I woke up. The mid day Sun melted most of it but this evening we got another 1/4" and it is still falling lightly.
    David B

Thank God I have never had to shovel it, Just wait a day or two and its gone if not a little 'Super Melt' goes a long way around here for the stubborn Icie spots.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Well it's still there this morning but we only ended up with maybe 1/4"-1/2". Nuthin worth firing the snowblower up for since the levelers are set about that much anyway. The dog liked bulldozing it on her potty walk this morning but I'm not happy about having to do the windshield before I head to work. Just had to take some pics of the year's first snow yesterday.
    Use the fence Luke

Down here by the state line there's just a dusting and from the radio talk, there's nothing in Toledo. But Saturday we were in Toledo and went into a store while it was raining and came out to a covering of snow on the grass and cars. And the biggest flakes I can ever remember seeing. Some had to be 1" across.

It got down to 39 degrees here this morning (Florida panhandle) Burrr, that's cold for me. I'm glad I don't own a snow blower or even a snow shovel anymore

I'm not trying to rub it in folks. I just don't miss the winters of northern Wisconsin anymore. It is fun watching the "tourists" from the north in their bikinis in the winter here while we are all wearing coats though. I do miss not seing snow for one day a year and that's Christmas.

Matt - not quite that big, but we had some big fluffly flakes here for a bit. I really wish I had a digicam as my Cat From Hell insisted on going outside with the dog and I. She was a scream watching her leaping up and swatting at the big flakes and getting more and more PO'ed when she was never able to catch anything. After about 15 minutes she gave up and consented to going back indoors.
    Use the fence Luke

Snow.....hummmm, I'll have to look that up on "the web" and see what that is.
    Supposed to be just over 60º F here today. A good day to open the shop, do some woodworking and take the motorcycle out for a ride.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.