Thread: Chinese laser alignment problem

Chinese laser alignment problem

I seem to be having a problem that's getting progressively worse. It started a few weeks ago that when I ran the laser on a normal speed occasionally when it hit the end of the line it would "jump" a tiny bit and the graphics would shift over to the side. Sometimes this happened enough that a straight line would burn diagonally. It went away when I slowed down the machine. Now it's gotten to the point that I'm on my slowest setting, burns are taking forever, and it's still losing alignment. I think it's happening as I hear a louder clunk at the end of the line when it switches directions. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I'm not familiar with your laser model, but I would check the set screw that holds the pulley on to the shaft of your axis driving motor.

Hi Aaron, I had this same problem happen to me and i noticed that if your engraving table is say 20x12 you can not engrave the whole 20x12. You can try and engrave at 19.5x11.5 and it probly won't happen. Give it a try let me know.
    Randy Zyduck
    Email (engraveit@verizon.net)