Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The American Auto Industry Story-Funny but sad and true

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Really?

I have owned many BMW"S, and although they are fine cars, they break just like anything else with a twist. The cost of repairs is rediculous!

Line your little Bimmer up against a CTS-V and see what happens.......

Larry
    I tell you what, meet me at Lime Rock or Laguna Seca with a CTS-V and you can see what the rear of a BMW looks like, lap after lap. The V series is a sledge hammer the M series is a scapel. Very similar analogy to the Vettes and the 911s. Cadillac is getting more and more of the equation right but they are shooting at a moving target.

Ken I think everyone knows it is an old thread, Brian was pointing out the music didn't die in the motor cities. But, I think your point was keep it civil and no politics, which is indeed proper, but celebrating the biggest manufacturing base in the US should be something we are all happy about.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    How about if Lie Nielsen makes some outstanding reproductions of the best cars ever made, with quality so high we could pass them on tho our grand-children?

Then Rob Lee could come out with a new, improved version that ends up being a new classic.

Then we could decide between two totally amazing car lines made in America and Canada.
    YES!!!! Sign me up for a Lie Nielson Volvo 240 wagon!

I like the way you think......

Larry

Ken, I agree with you about keeping this civil. I had spotted this old thread while searching for who knows what. I am just glad that the US auto industry is alive and well. I am not intending political statements, but just happy and surprised by the big three all showing profits.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!