Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBdesigner (cutting board design software)

CBdesigner (cutting board design software)

Hey guys. Just wanted to share a program I made for those designing cutting boards this Christmas. It's basically a visualization program to show you what your end grain (or long grain) board will look like in the end. I already posted it on lumberjocks but wanted to share it here too. I've already made several major revisions to the program according to some good suggestions. Hope it's helpful to some of you out there!

http://www.fileqube.com/hl/gjRnTE173...esigner122.exe

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 12-12-2008 at 6:47 AM.

that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing

Looks cool but I can't scroll down to see the other half. I don't know if it's my computer or me.
    Roger

seeing whole image

reduce the viewing scale in the upper right corner
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night
    -Poe

Very impressive. I especially like the "I just knocked this together" tone to the post.

It is added to my icons with the cutlist and door/cabiet programs. I can see some use coming soon.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Thanks for the Christmas present, Jay. Very nice, and even I was able to figure it out.Takes the trial and error out of cutting board design.

That is awesome. Goodbye spreadsheet! Thanks a ton.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sanchez View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to share a program I made for those designing cutting boards this Christmas. It's basically a visualization program to show you what your end grain (or long grain) board will look like in the end. I already posted it on lumberjocks but wanted to share it here too. I've already made several major revisions to the program according to some good suggestions. Hope it's helpful to some of you out there!

http://www.fileqube.com/hl/gjRnTE173...esigner122.exe
    Jay, this is incredible! You must be quite proficient in some coding language.

Of course, my curiousity pipes up to give the impression I'm not satisfied. Would it be easily possible to add the feature of being able to create multiple layer configurations to come up with a board similar to Bill Hubers?

Again, amazing - Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jay I downloaded your program and it fits the bill perfectly! No more trying to visualize in my mind what a board might look like.

I also have a suggestion / request if you will be doing updates to the program. Could you add a "move up" , "move down" button next to each layer in the list. This way you can easily swap layers around.

Again, great idea and thank you for sharing as freeware.

I get an error when I try to install it.

comdlg32.ocx "a file is missing or invalid".

I guess I'll try again on a different machine.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Never mind....I found the "fix" for it. Thanks.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Thanks for all the nice comments! Glad to know some of you are finding it useful. Just trying to give back to the community. As for the recommendations, I'll try to incorporate them when I can because they're all good ideas. Since I don't do computer programming for a living, it's more a matter if when I figure out how to do these things in Visual Basic.

New version 1.3!

Updated the program! Finally got around to adding some much needed features that have been bothering me since day 1. Download it here!

http://www.fileqube.com/file/YOffgIw161179

Added scrollbars if the CBs become bigger than the window (yay finally!), increased the number of layers, you can manipulate the layers more easily (like dragging the double headed arrow around), and hitting enter now works while in a textbox.

Thanks...once again this is a great tool that helps eliminate trying to envision what the board will look like later on.

awesome.
    thanks for the contribution. gives me something to tinker with, I already used it.