Thread: Dremel accessories to Fein MM 250

Dremel accessories to Fein MM 250

new Dremel Multi-Max accessories unfortunately are not compatible to Fein MultiMaster 250. I bought at HD a few different blades for Dremel MM just to make sure compatibility. On a back side of package writen that blade is compatible to Fein MultiMaster 636. I was not familiar with 636 and quick check on Internet at HD shown me my Fein MM 250. But no such luck.
    In general - Dremel looks as a nice machine, much smaller then Fein MM and lighter. Price is right -$99, and accessories cost much less. I think Dremel will be good for a light duty for homeowner.
    thank you, Ed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As much as I dispise clones, and the theft of intellectual property, I wish someone would clone the Fein "Castcutter" saw blade. At $55 it is such a ripoff that I refuse to buy them. I see Proxxon makes one that fits but it is still too expensive for what it is and how easy it is to manufacture. It is a usefull tool on the jobsite, but they do not last long enough to justify the cost.

Fein MM 636 the Dremel blades fit is one model ago

Fein is very expensive but the thing really works. I'd consider trying a used Fein MM rather than the Dremel if you think you'll use it more than... once.

The 636 is one model back. It doesn't have the embossed star on the fixture that matches up to newer Fein blades with star-shaped holes. If the Dremel blades have a round hole they might well fit the old model of the MM. I have a 636 and I'll give a Dremel blade a try.

Reason for Fein's switch to the star pattern: On the 636 the blades can rotate out of alignment if the set screw used to secure the blade loosens slightly during use. There's a so-so workaround - a Fein disc with the embossed star pattern on one side and a grit on the other.

Mike