Thread: Fixing high pressure (washer) hose

Fixing high pressure (washer) hose

An office mate of mine burned a hole in the hose of his pressure washer this weekend when he accidently pulled it across the hot engine. Apparently, there's a hole and an additional section of the hose that he says was melted so it's a bit thin. Any way to repair the hose, or does it just make sense to replace it? I assume Sears (it's a Craftsman) would have the replacement part. Any idea whether the fittings are removable so that he could just buy a replacement hose and attach the stock fittings? Thanks,
    Tony

Tony, I wouldn't mess with a high pressure hose repair, replace it. Northern Tool has a good selection of hoses including brand names like Goodyear.

My opinions are worth what you paid....
    Best Regards, Ken

I'd replace it also. If that was in one of my plants, that is the only choice they would have. FYI, I am a Safety & Environmental Manager for a Utility.

I don't know about your area, but we have a great little shop around here that has hose for about any purpose, along with a plethora of different fittings. I've had them make several pressure washer and paint hoses for me over the years. If you found a similar shop, they would likely be able to repair the hose, or at the very least, cut it, then slap a male quick disconnect on one piece, then a corresponding female quick disconnect on the other piece. This is not a repair you can do yourself. The machines and dies they use to crimp the fittings on the hoses are large and hydraulically powerful. I don't recall the price of the hose, but I remember it was less than a replacement hose, and a tougher one to boot, and more flexible.
    Last edited by Jason Roehl; 06-16-2004 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Spell checker between the ears failed...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Pressure washer hose repair

Tony
    Jason Roehl said it and I will add - yup!
    We have a hose supplier around the corner from my location that makes-up hydraulic and other high pressure as well as low pressure hoses while you wait.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA