Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini Max MM16

Buy a 4" to 4" S&D to clay adapter from lowes for $5 and it will attach your quick attach 4" to the Euro dust port. Basiclly a rubber boot with one side slightly larger and clamps on both ends. In the plumbing isle.

I made a couple web sites on adding a Laguna Driftmaster and their ceramic guides to my MM20 if you ever want to change them out.

http://myplace.frontier.com/~unix888...originalfence/

http://myplace.frontier.com/~unix888...bearingguides/
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Congrats Bill, you got a great deal on a great saw.
    Welcome to SMC!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

How's that 10 year old bandsaw doing, Bruce?! hahaha!!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I've bought my MM16 (now S400P) 4-5 weeks ago and very happy with it, I must confess I dont use it as often though, only once a week?? but I am sure it will last forever.. I am very glad I've bought the Minimax and not other brand/make.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 07-04-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Removed forum link per TOS

Up to 36" moving BSs is childs play. Seriously, a one man job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    How's that 10 year old bandsaw doing, Bruce?! hahaha!!!
    It's been a few weeks since I have used it but it's doing great Chris. I spend most of my time playing with the CNC.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    The new Mini Max MM16 arrived Friday afternoon - less than two weeks after I ordered it. The saw was bolted to a small skid which was bolted to a regular 48" pallet. The trucker and I had to lay it on its back to get it through the garage door. When the tilt angle reached past 45 degrees that sucker got extremely heavy and I thought I might not be able to handle it - a scary moment for sure. Thank God the trucker was young & strong! After removing the crating, my son & son-in-law helped me stand it back up on its base.

I spent several hours Saturday removing the shipping goop (a required evil, I guess). I wired it up using a flexible 10-3 conductor. The 10 gage wire is probably overkill. We had the kids & grandkids over Sunday so I didn't get any playtime. I am looking forward to next weekend!

I am very happy with the obvious quality of the machine. I spent the first 25+ years of my working career as a prototype machinist at two different government R&D laboratories - the places where they think nothing of spending 500K, or more, on state of the art machining centers, so I know quality machinery when I see it. How Mini Max can build a machine like the MM16 & ship it across the Atlantic for 2K is beyond me!

The only complaint that I have is the sorta 4" dust chute. I use the black plastic "quick connect" on my DC hose that I just push onto the standard 4" dust outlet on all my machines. The MM's dust chute diameter is about 1/8" larger so the quick connect won't fit it ARRRGH!

I pulled this post up earlier this morning (not paying attention who the original poster was) and then thinking to myself; Bruce Page really needs to start building and marketing his machined adaptor.... OOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSS wait!!!!!!!! Bruce was the OP....

LOL I feel so stupid.....
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Congrats, good deal. Enjoy that saw. I have an older Meber, I like the italian BS feel. I'm about 6 months into using a new MM16 at work, gotta say the new guides and blade guard are not an improvement versus my recollection of a MM20 I used to use. The lower guides have broken twice in ways I would never have suspected, if I didn't know better I'd think they were Chinese junk cast white metal. Supposedly the Carters are an upgrade? Made of cast white metal of some kind, week link in an otherwise rock solid tool. Call CS...way long wait for parts. Blade guard will surely keep you safe..until you try to change blades and start chucking stuff BC that telescoping thing seems intent on vexing you when swapping in or out wider blades. Strong saw, great resaw, very rigid upper arm/guides. But should you have to buy new guides after market on a saw that expensive? The good old euro guides were a breeze to set up tool less, these new ones have hex screws in places you can barely reach. A rack and pinion table angle adjust wouldn't suck either as long as we are joining the 21st century! Micro adjusting that large table solo to a precise angle is no joy I can tell you.