Thread: Torpedo heater problems.....

Torpedo heater problems.....

Hi folks. After about fifteen years my Ready Heater is problematic. I found a place on line that has all the parts and I ordered a "kit", lord how I hate that word", and now my heater won't even work. As I have read, they are quite tempermental and must have the exact psi to operate. Anyone know of a place in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area that works on these heaters? Thanks in advance.
    Phil
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Hey Phil,

...why not call the manufacturer and see if they have certified repair people in your area?
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Wow!!!!!

You're a genius, Phil. I did and found two shops that repair Ready Heaters and both are within three miles from my shop. Great thinkin'.
    Phil in Big D

There you see? Isn't this forum great at answering all those pesky questions?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell

Roflol.........

I bought a pressure gauge and set mine myself. I couldn't find a local shop. I'm sure the gauge was cheaper than a service charge at the repair shop. Manuel was downloaded from the web. The pressure settings are on the heater. I tune the heater yearly, filters(fuel & air) and pressure settings. It makes a world of difference in the performance. Keeping the air filter clean eliminates most of the odor associated with these heaters. I found all the parts on the web.

I have the Reddy 155,000

Tony Joyce