Thread: Infinity Track Saw Blade

Infinity Track Saw Blade

I just ordered a Makita SP6000J1 Track Saw. I understand that the blade that comes with it is actually not all that bad. However, I am in the habit of upgrading all my blades so I started checking into it. Both Forrest & Freud only make 160mm blades (not counting Freud's 6 1/2" construction grade Diablo blade). However, I found that Infinity does offer a 6 1/2" (ok 165mm) 48T High ATB Carbide blade. While I have no personal experience with Infinity's saw blades, I have heard some good things. Plus I know that, in general, they are a very good company with high quality products.

So I was just wondering if anyone has tried this blade and what you thought of it in comparison to a stock blade.

http://www.infinitytools.com/165mm-x...tinfo/007-005/
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Wow that blade has a big arbor , it is over 3/4".
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Wow that blade has a big arbor , it is over 3/4".

That's the arbor size of the saw.

Stew Hagerty

You won't be unhappy. Infinity makes some good blades.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

The Makita comes with a blade that is excellent. The Infinity is probably fine also but if you are really considering removing the OE blade, please send it to me.

The Makita and Dewalt use 165mm with 20mm bore. Festool uses 160mm with 20mm bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    You won't be unhappy. Infinity makes some good blades.
    Bill

Do you have any experience as far as a comparison with the original Makita blade goes?

Stew Hagerty

Keep in mind that the kerf widths of different manufacturer's blades tend to vary a little. This will affect the the way in which the splinter guard strip on the rail aligns with your cut lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    The Makita comes with a blade that is excellent. The Infinity is probably fine also but if you are really considering removing the OE blade, please send it to me.
    Ah, so what I heard about the Makita blade is true then. Cool, that'll save me some money. Plus, now I don't have to make a trip to the post office to send a blade to you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Keep in mind that the kerf widths of different manufacturer's blades tend to vary a little. This will affect the the way in which the splinter guard strip on the rail aligns with your cut lines.
    I actually had not thought of that Peter. I was only thinking that wider or narrower wouldn't matter since the difference would be on the outboaoa side. But I see now that the carbide can extend more or less on the inside as well. Thank you for making me think about it.

Stew Hagerty

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Hagerty View Post
    That's the arbor size of the saw.
    I realize that is the arbor size.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 03-21-2016 at 5:52 PM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Well I don't have a track saw, so have never tried that blade, but I have never been less than totally impressed with any Infinity cutters I've tried. I consider myself pretty demanding, fairly objective, and fairly scientific about my approach to blades (from a hobbyist's views). No other manufacturer has impressed me more. To date, I've tried the 24T TK ripper, 40T General, 40T Super General, 40T UTK Laser, 50T Combomax, 60T 010-060, and the Dadonator dado blade set. I also have a set of Infinity jointer blades that I got from Hartville many years ago, and a handful of router bits that are great.... Whiteside caliber. In the end, I guess you're on your own, but the odds are heavily in your favor....they're also good to deal with in the event of an issue.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 03-21-2016 at 6:49 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I realize that is the arbor size.
    Sorry George, I didn't mean for it to sound design like you didn't know that.

I should have said...

"I know right! But hey, that's the size they made the arbor."

Stew Hagerty

Stew - I once had a SP6000 that I ran on my EurekaZone rails. Maybe they are better now but I didn't like the stock blade. It dulled quickly and I got better cut results with my 7-1/4" saw with Freud thin kerf blade. I bought some milled washers at McMaster and was able to mount a Freud Diablo thin kerf 5/8" blade on it.

Mike

The Makita come with a really good blade, I was very happy with the cut quality right out of the box. You will really like the saw, very nice tool. It is so quite it gave me the feeling it is under powered, not true it has plenty of power.

Not sure what they use now but way back my old Makita SCMS stock blade was a Tenryu.