Thread: PDF files to Word Doc conversion?

PDF files to Word Doc conversion?

OK....I have a PDF file that I need to convert to HTML....but I will accept Word format. I need the graphics contained in the PDF file. Is there a conversion utility out there that will let me do this without spending money?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Don't know of any off the top of my head, but one that works for me many times -
    Cut and Paste. Just try a standard windows cut and paste. I'm surprised many times what it will 'convert' for me.

Perry

One way to grab the graphic is a screen capture. Scroll through the pdf document until the graphic is on-screen. Hit ctrl-printscreen on the keyboard. That transfers a copy of the current screen image to the clipboard. Open any image-processing program paste the clipboard's into the program. Crop the screen image to just the part you want. Copy and paste the result wherever you want.

If you don't have a fancier image-processing program, you can do the cropping with Paint, a simple program which comes along with your opereating system.

Ummm. The above works with PCs. Macs and Unix, I dunno.

Hi. Perry's cut and paste works well, but be aware that to "cut" with Adobe reader, you have to go to edit and copy to clipboard, at least in the latest version. Then go to word and do a paste.

I the latest edtion of Adobe reader, you can save as text. the have word open the saved .txt file.

Either way, I think you are in for some serious editing.
    Best Regards, Ken

Dennis

The full version of adobe acrobat ( not the reader)will allow you to select specific text &/or specific graphics & copy & paste them into word (or an HTML doc (you'd have to save the graphics in a graphic editor program first)
    or you can export the PDF to a RTF file, without graphics & proper formating & then cut & paste into an HTML file.

I have the full version - if you don't have too many files I'd be happy to do this for you (into doc files -or I could just as easily paste into FP & save as HTML , with the usual FP junk - for time constraint reasons).

Let me know.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton
    One way to grab the graphic is a screen capture. . . .
    Ummm. The above works with PCs. Macs and Unix, I dunno.
    To get a picture of anything on the screen with a Mac, just hit Apple/Shift/4 together and then select the area you want with the mouse. It places a jpeg image on your desktop.

Bob
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hovde
    To get a picture of anything on the screen with a Mac, just hit Apple/Shift/4 together and then select the area you want with the mouse. It places a jpeg image on your desktop.

Bob

Wouldn't ya know... it is easier on a Mac.

Is it a one time conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    OK....I have a PDF file that I need to convert to HTML....but I will accept Word format. I need the graphics contained in the PDF file. Is there a conversion utility out there that will let me do this without spending money?
    Scansoft has a product that I tested via a 30 day eval. Works real good, However it is slowwww doing the conversion process.

http://www.scansoft.com/pdfconverter/standard/

HTH
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

I have used cut and paste quite successfuly many times -and on large documents.

Dennis

The Clip'nSave screen capture program is the best I've seen. So good, if fact, I actually bought it.

Go to: http://www.dynalinktech.com/main.php for a free eval copy.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam