Thread: Design Intuition-Gizmolab

Design Intuition-Gizmolab

I ordered Design Intuition from Gizmolab more than a month ago and have recieved No response from them. No e-mails, they won't answer their toll-free number, etc..
    Their web site is still functional and more than happy to take credit card orders. I bought from them on good faith after reading many great reviews of their software.
    Does anyone on the forum know anything about them? Any info would be appreciated.
    TB

I Can't Help You With This Vendor...

But I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago with an online book vendor. I ordered a book a couple years ago online that was suppose to be delivered in a weeks time. A week went by and no book. A few more days passed and still no book. At that time I tried to contact the vendor by email and had no response. I tried calling the phone number on the web site and only got a recording. After a couple of more emails and phone calls with no response I told them to cancel my order and credit my debit card. Still no response and no debit card credit so I called my bank, told them about the problem and they credited my card.

Rather than call it good since my bank credited me the amount the book vendor charged, I decided to peruse the issue on my own. I filed a complaint on line with the Post Office for postal fraud, I found the city the book vendor was located in and filed an official complaint with the local police department, filed a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau, and, filed complaints with anyone else I thought of. Ever time I filed a complaint I would foreword the complaint to the book vendor to let him know I wasn’t kidding when I left him email messages telling him the steps I was taking.

Since it was a motor sports book I then went on to the major motor sports web sites posting a warning to not do business with that particular book vendor and then found the vendors E Bay page and listed my complaints there as well. Apparently I wasn’t the only person that had ordered merchandise from the book vendor only to not have it delivered. Many, many people started to contact me and I gave everyone my contact list so they could file formal complaints as well.

After about 2 months the local police department let me know they had filed charges against the book vendor and asked me if I could give a deposition either in person or online. I went ahead and filed a deposition online and later found the book website owner was charged with several things having to do with taking orders, collecting the money, and not delivering. After that I pretty much forgot about the issue until about a year latter when the convicted book vendor emailed me with an apology saying he had been going through a messy divorce at the time. Frankly, I just ignored his apology and felt some satisfaction in helping in his conviction.

So my advice is to make as many complaints as possible to the authorities and stay with it. You may not get what you ordered, but you’re going to make an online crook miserable and your going to keep others from getting cheated as well. Good luck

Terry

Design Intuition 2

Thanks Terry, for the comments. I've been searching the internet for ANY current news of Design Intuition or Gizmolab. There doesn't seem to be any negatvie mention of them. There are many reviews of the software, all good, from about a year or more past. No new news of any kind.
    I imagine Gizmolab is a small operation, and am guessing that Sketch-up has driven them under or something bad(sicknes?) has happened to Jonathan Sand, creator and owner. I still would rather have the software than the money.
    I will pursue with the methods you offer. TB
    TB