Thread: Biesmeyer Fences

Biesmeyer Fences

My uni came with a 72 inch Bies fence with a 53 inch cut capacity. I have seen them with longer rails for extended tables. Have searched for them and have not found any. Any input on modifying, buying or swaping would be great.

Rick,
    It sounds like Steve H Graham has a fence that is too long (98") and you have one that is too short. Maybe you two could do a swap...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=99906

Good luck,
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick Strauss; 12-25-2008 at 8:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lucrezi View Post
    My uni came with a 72 inch Bies fence with a 53 inch cut capacity. I have seen them with longer rails for extended tables. Have searched for them and have not found any. Any input on modifying, buying or swaping would be great.
    Originally, Biesemeyer offered rails up to 122" to the right and 48" to the Left of blade. Since Delta has taken over Biesemeyer I really doubt special configurations are available.

A one-piece rail would be much more accurate than two rails joined, Unless very special pains were taken to weld the pieces straight, and grind them flat.

Place a WantAd on Craigs List and keep your eye out on eBay. Also here at the Creek, and Woodwebs classifieds. Good Luck and HappyNewYear!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

You could shift the rails over to get more out of the fence... say 65" or so. It will obviously give you less on the left of side of the blade but I hardly ever use that function anyway. Might have to re-drill a few of the bolts.
    I got an old unisaw and old beismeyer hand me down set up. I was able to drill and tap the underside of the rail box to get it shifted over a bit. I'd have to double check on my rail lenght though.. can't remember off hand.
    just an idea if you can't find larger rails. Actually worked well.
    Mark.
    Last edited by Mark Boyette; 12-26-2008 at 11:34 AM.

I wanted more rail on the left for a table extention. I PM Steve. Maybe we can make a deal

my rails ended up being 7' but you don't necessarily need a rail to extend the table. I think I have enough to cut about 12" on the left side 54" on the right. As noted here you might be able to find a set on craiglist or ebay.
    Mark.

General make a Beissemeyer fence, you could try contacting them for custom rails........Rod.