Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    That's a great way to make your optics covered in debris quickly. Sealed or not sealed, there has to be something that it's going to gunk up quickly. You can see how it blows the smoke forward, then the smoke comes up and heads back. That's going to be a problem.
    I agree. If this is the case, it probably stems from esthetics and not experience.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

got it thanx for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    Epilogs, at least my Mini, do not use cones for air assist. They use tubes that are off to the side of the beam and blow air at an angle across the beam. Epilogs position the tube so it blows from front to back. the path of smoke blowing backwards is clearly visible. Position the tube so it blows from back to front and it would look like what we see in the video.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    And from what I understand, Epilog users that do a lot of wood, clean their lens VERY often. A lot of them Daily.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

My LS900 sucks smoke out so well I tend to forget all about cleaning the lens and mirrors. Remembered yesterday that it's been awhile. Pulled the lens, almost perfectly clean. The top mirror had a hint of haze, the side mirror on this thing never gets dirty...

The GCC 'appears' to have a good exhaust system but the poorly designed exhaust port that's supposed to distribute negative airflow evenly across 38" of table, doesn't. It withdraws smoke in the cabinet rather quickly, but not before the smoke turbulates EVERYWHERE inside the cabinet first. Every day I have to clean the lens and 3 mirrors, because they're filthy after engraving a sq. ft's worth of Rowmark. The smoke from Cermark is almost as bad. The BIL and me are- when time permits- going to pull the back door off the cabinet, replace it with a piece of cardboard with a 4" hole and just let the unobstructed vent pipe suck the smoke out. It WILL work 1000% better

The Triumph is so huge inside, and while air will pass plenty easily thru a honeycomb table, the table itself prevents any common airflow path from occurring, so the smoke just drifts around mostly aimlessly until it finally does find what little moving air there is. A bigger blower might help both machine, but a blower bigger enough to actually work well in the Triumph I'd have to steal from the car wash

The GF in that video REALLY needs more exhaust power that is obviously being used...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I spent 8 hours cutting 1/8 BB ply a week ago and had to clean the lens four times. Yesterday, I again did an 8 hour stint cutting ply and only had to clean the lens once (well, twice, because I cleaned it the second time when I finished cutting, just to be sure it was alright). Some batches of BB are horribly smoky and resinous (brownish stains left on the wood) and some very little smoke and resin. Wish I knew how to tell the difference before purchasing...

I get little if any smoke when cutting Baltic Birch its all sucked out from underneath. If I see any smoke I know I'm not cutting all the way thru and make the necessary adjustments. When I raster its from bottom to top, most the smoke is drawn away from the lens.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

seems a few GF's were delivered last week...sadly 80% arrived either non working or plain busted. (glass tubes in the mail don't work well)

Looking at the spreadsheet in the GF group I help run of 398 people who are promised a machine last month and who responded, 29 have been delivered (8 of them faulty)
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    seems a few GF's were delivered last week...sadly 80% arrived either non working or plain busted. (glass tubes in the mail don't work well)

Looking at the spreadsheet in the GF group I help run of 398 people who are promised a machine last month and who responded, 29 have been delivered (8 of them faulty)

That's not really going to help with their image, even if they fix it quickly.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

....Looking at the spreadsheet in the GF group I help run .....
    Surprised to read this - I though you didn't want to be associated with the GF in any way.

I still have my doubts GF will be around for much longer. It can't survive on hype in the long run.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

How did you get 80%?

Blog Entries
    Dont know about his math but I was a video of one running, and the next vid was a faulty machine. Oops. I bet they don't like those being posted. They are delivering some. I know they touted their packaging, but there are a lot of gorillas working for the shipping companies! Ive seen some packages that I truly wondered how they damaged them as bad as they do!
    I cast my own bullets for some of my guns and purchase lead mainly reclaimed from ranges and from wheel weights. Yes, there is a good market for clean lead. You can ship priority mail up to 70 pounds in medium flat rate box. 65 pounds of lead fits perfectly. But you'd better tape up and double box it or it would make it!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Dont know about his math but I was a video of one running, and the next vid was a faulty machine. Oops. I bet they don't like those being posted.
    Someone with a truly evil mind would have inserted a fine-print clause into the end-user agreement stating that posting adverse publicity of the GF would void the warranty.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    How did you get 80%?
    Probably same logic that determined this was a 3D laser printer
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob John View Post
    That's not really going to help with their image, even if they fix it quickly.
    idn't know their image was anything but bad
    d
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

>>You can ship priority mail up to 70 pounds in medium flat rate box. 65 pounds of lead fits perfectly.<<

Ha! Now THAT is evil on your part!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-13-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment