Thread: Post going back to top line, instead

Post going back to top line, instead

Sometimes. when posting, print will suddenly go back to line above where I'm typing. It puts remaining part of post BEFORE the first part. What gives?

Happens to me to....I just cancel the post and start over again....

Blog Entries
    The only time I have this problem is when I use my laptop with the touch pad turned on. If I get any of my fingers close to the touch pad the cursor will jump to odd places depending upon just where my finger touched or almost touched. I've never seen this occur when using a regular keyboard.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Sometimes. when posting, print will suddenly go back to line above where I'm typing. It puts remaining part of post BEFORE the first part. What gives?
    It happens to me too if I try to make any corrections. I found that the problem goes away if I reply using the "Go Advanced" option. Give it a try.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

How I fixed it here

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    That happened to me repeatedly and drove me crazy. I almost quit everything and moved to a monastery. What fixed it MOST of the time for me was to start a new message with three presses of the Enter key then backspaces to remove them.

What I eventually did to fix it permanently was to abandon the WYSIWYG editor in favor of the Standard editor:
    Settings / My Settings / General Settings / Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface: Standard Editor

Not one instance of the annoying problem since. This solved a couple of other annoying and disastrous things too. Life is good.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    It happens to me too if I try to make any corrections. I found that the problem goes away if I reply using the "Go Advanced" option. Give it a try.
    test
    this is a

this is a another test

Awesome. Finally.

The top "test" is the result of typing the first letter of the fourth word then backspacing to delete it and the beginning to type again. This is really frustrating.

The second "test" was the same actions but, in "Go Advanced" mode. I can die happy.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    test
    this is a

this is a another test

Awesome. Finally.

The top "test" is the result of typing the first letter of the fourth word then backspacing to delete it and the beginning to type again. This is really frustrating.

The second "test" was the same actions but, in "Go Advanced" mode. I can die happy.
    If you're happy, I'm happy!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yep. Backspace is the culprit. We have a thread on this in the Mod forum. vBulletin has its issues and is not the friendliest software to use....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.