Thread: Tradesman 14" band saw

Tradesman 14" band saw

I just picked us a "like new" 14" Tradesman bandsaw model 8157. The saw is a taiwan import, but the quality seems good. I will be replacing my Jet 12" with this 14" because it has a 1HP motor and I want to get a riser block and resaw veneer. I couldn't pass up the saw because it came with a Craftsman RAM that qualifies for the Emmerson rebate. Total price for both saws $100 - $100 (rebate) = FREE!!!

I did some searching on the Tradesman saw and can't find any info on it. The manual that came with it shows a riser block as available. Any ideas on finding one?

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by steve denison View Post
    I did some searching on the Tradesman saw and can't find any info on it. The manual that came with it shows a riser block as available. Any ideas on finding one?

Any thoughts?
    Good luck. A few months back I was looking at a Tradesman that needed some minor work for $50. I looked all over the net and I couldn't find anything. No source for parts or any aftermarket support is available as far as I could find. Fortunately I didn't buy it or I would have been stuck with a non-working saw.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-07-2008 at 9:50 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging
    "Less is more." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

It's likely that this machine was sold under many different brand names. You might want to see if it (or at least the riser block) matches up with a Grizzly model.

Pete

Tradesman bandsaw

Steve:

I just saw one on my local Craigslist, and googled it. Found a source for parts and accessories:

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/t...n_bandsaw.html

Do you like it? It might be worth going to look at this one locally.

Carlos