Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any woodworking motorcyclists?

Any woodworking motorcyclists?

I've started sharing my wood shop with an 83 Shadow VT750 project. I've been forced to put off the sawdust while I cover any flat surface with dismantled Honda parts. I'd been putting off this bike project for awhile because I didn't want to lose any shop time. Now I'm in the mood to get the bike up and running for the upcoming yr. So grease fuel and antifreeze are filling the shop, and my dust collector gets ready for a nice long hiatus.

This is my first Honda project so I'm feeling out SMC for any prospective experienced help/influence.

Aaron

I am a Shadow 750 Spirit rider myself. My 1st bike to be shaft drive. I love this thing!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I also share machanic and wood shop, i normally have dust on my bike and grease on my wood but love both and will put up with the mess
    Attached Images Attached Images

1969 Honda CL350, blue. Bought it used, had it since I was a teen, runs great.
    Cool Place, this Sawmill Creek.

My first shaft drive also, although I rode my brother's shaft drive guzzi sport quite a bit. I liked the power response on the guzzi, throttling up the whole bike would lurch slightly to the ...left I think. Felt like allot of power, I think it was an 1100.
    My last bike was a 98 Triumph 955 Dayton, 3 cylinder 6spd rocket now that was a fun bike.

I've stuck a pic in here to show you my current plight
    Last edited by Aaron Berk; 12-18-2008 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Add a pic

I recently gave up streebikes because of too many close calls with cell phone idiots. After 35 years of riding I was feeling like it was my turn, so I sold my GT1200. I sold my KTM EXC 450 last year because I am just getting too old for that, and not smart enough to slow down. I have a DRZ250 in the shop now, all that is left. Pathetic little bike but what an old guy should be riding I guess. I want a BMW 800GS, but they want too much money, so we are at a stalemate.

As a matter of fact, yes! I just got this bike about a month ago. I saved all my income from woodworking comissions and craft shows for the last year, and pulled the trigger. Suzuki DR650. Been loving it. But for now I have to keep it in my wood shop

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I recently gave up streebikes because of too many close calls with cell phone idiots. After 35 years of riding I was feeling like it was my turn, so I sold my GT1200. I sold my KTM EXC 450 last year because I am just getting too old for that, and not smart enough to slow down. I have a DRZ250 in the shop now, all that is left. Pathetic little bike but what an old guy should be riding I guess. I want a BMW 800GS, but they want too much money, so we are at a stalemate.

Old guys and beemers go hand in hand
    My dad rides 2 BMWs, ones a long haul cruiser with a 20 gal tank, & dual plugs. An R90S I think, the other is a custom home built chopper with quarter elliptical front spring, black walnut seat, and suicide shift. Dads a few yrs short of 60 I think.

I've had tons of bikes, but not that many street bikes.

a 96' CBR600F3, 97' GSXR750, 98 GSXR 750, and now a WR250X

My old GSXR

and the newest bike:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDAs...e=channel_page

Count me in with a 2004 BMW R1200C.
    Peter Lyon

Ok...so I'll post a pic of my ride since other pics are getting posted.

This is bike #18 for me, most of the bikes came as I was growing up. I'm back on a bike again after 25 years of not riding a bike. If you ride a bike, take the Motorclcye Safety course, you WILL learn a lot...about you AND about your bike.

Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

No photos. We love biking, Honda Goldwing Trike.

Dave

I got paid to ride all last summer. Unfortunately the unit I was on has been disbanded and now the motors are just used for parades about twice a year.

At least I got a really cool set of boots out of the deal.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Smile

I have a 2003 Yamaha V-star 1100 Siverado which you can't get me and the loml off of, and I have a 1975 Yamaha XS650 I really riding but the loml does not. I am going to rebuild it and let her learn on that one before we go and buy her a newer bike.

As you can tell from my avatar, I own a 1976 BMW R90/6 that's basic personal transportation for me.

This is my second R90/6, first one was destroyed when I was rear-ended by an SUV, I could have cried, the bike was at 298,000 miles.

It took me a year to find another R90/6.

I also own a 1975 Norton Commando, I'm the original owner.

The garage also holds my 1930 James, 500cc single, tank side shift, acetylene lighting.

Diann's 1977 R60/7 BMW is also in there.

As Aaron said "Old guys (and gals) and Beemers go hand in hand".

regards, Rod.