View Poll Results: Do you like the new Powermatic colors?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like it.

64 48.48%
  • No, I like the Gold

28 21.21%
  • Don't care

40 30.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Powermatic colors.

New Powermatic colors.

What does everyone think of the new 90th anniversary color for Powermatic.

Pwrmtctsaw1.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I think it looks sharp!! Kind of an old timey look.

I like it and the LOML does too, just not enough to let me buy it =-(

I just looked at the 14" bandsaw on the Powermatic website however, and it doesn't look nearly as nice as the Table Saw.
    Last edited by Timothy Wolf; 07-24-2011 at 1:00 AM. Reason: added more

Having more tools than I know how to use - Priceless!!!

4. as a Steelers fan, I wholeheartedly support those colors

Lawrence

I don't buy black cars because they are too hard to keep nice, feel the same way about black tools. Would look like heck all the time.

I think the lathe in black looks kinda cool.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/WMHT...ei=800&wid=800
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Black matches my Sawstop, but I rather have the gold. How can you tell your tools apart if they're all the same color?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    Black matches my Sawstop, but I rather have the gold. How can you tell your tools apart if they're all the same color?
    No doubt, the new black PM machinery is a move to compete up with SawStop. Remember the lawsuit between Jet and Grizzly a few years back? That was all about white!

As far as I am concerned, the woodworking machinery world is neither black nor white, but is shades of Delta gray...and PM metallic gold. I still enjoy older machinery made in USA when possible!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

They look sharp, but 1400 for a 6" jointer??? Sorry, won't see my shop. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    No doubt, the new black PM machinery is a move to compete up with SawStop. Remember the lawsuit between Jet and Grizzly a few years back? That was all about white!

As far as I am concerned, the woodworking machinery world is neither black nor white, but is shades of Delta gray...and PM metallic gold. I still enjoy older machinery made in USA when possible!
    You think the black is to compete with Sawstop? Interesting, Powermatic being a premium brand I would not think they would feel they were in that position. The Powermatic color change is just reverse of the standard gold trimmed in black.
    - Rick Dale

I'm partial to gray or pea green...

I agree with Chip. I think this is a move to keep up with Sawstop. Not so much to try and look like them, but to modernize their look. I mean come on now, mustard and pea green remind some of us of our grandparents kitchen appliances. No offense to you oldtimers that actually still have those appliances. Personnaly, I think the mustard (call it PM Gold if you want, just looks like spicy mustard to me) and drab greens out their are god awful ugly. Not that they weigh too heavily in the decision making process, but when a company is looking for a little more appeal, a change in paint color is an almost free way to update your product.
    Last edited by johnny means; 07-25-2011 at 1:12 AM.

FWIW, the paint quality of these machines was horrible; especially amazing given that these were tradeshow samples. There was a mix of flat, semi and full gloss finish quality on a single surface, overspray, grease spots, orange peel and other anomalies, and this was on all the tools, not just one machine. They look great in the catalog, but they were really lacking when viewed in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    You think the black is to compete with Sawstop? Interesting, Powermatic being a premium brand I would not think they would feel they were in that position.
    Excellent fishing expedition. I'll just go and get some popcorn...

Blog Entries
    I would guess this is short term.

Just putting something out there thats a little different.

Delta did this a while back with a white paint job that looked a lot like a tool from Jet.

Like I said, just a guess.

PHM