Thread: Trying to get my iMac to send photos to the creek. This is my test site.

Trying to get my iMac to send photos to the creek. This is my test site.

Will be testing some home photos.

I get to the point where I have the basic uploader sees the .jpeg image I have on my desktop, but when I go to "upload image(s)", I get the response: Sawmillcreek says the image upload failed. I think I'm going to make an appt. with a genius at the local Mac store and see if they can see where I make the mistake.

>>Mac<<

I think we've found the problem

Just kidding

I'm on a Mac and i'm able to upload photos. I've not seen that issue.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Don I have that issue when my picture files are too big. I tried to upload a file last night that was 2.4 megs and it wouldn't let me. I went into my graphics program scaled down the image to 200k and no problem with the upload.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
    I get to the point where I have the basic uploader sees the .jpeg image I have on my desktop, but when I go to "upload image(s)", I get the response: Sawmillcreek says the image upload failed. I think I'm going to make an appt. with a genius at the local Mac store and see if they can see where I make the mistake.
    Don
    Longtime mac user here.
    My guess is that your file is too large, or you have the incorrect extension type after the photo.
    Resize the photo and be sure to save and upload in jpeg.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

There's a free app in the app store called "Resize it". Works very well for exactly what you're trying to do.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I never download directly from Iphoto on my mac.

When in Iphoto and looking at the photo you want, click "export image" and it will give you a chance to resize and name it. Then save to desktop so you can find it easily when uploading.

Had to paint today, will resize and send tomorrow. thanks for the tip! Will let you know the result.

IMG_0600.jpgWow, I finally got it to work. Thanks for the help! It was the size of the image. What you see is Snicker the neighbors cat who plopped himself into the frame of the clock I was making. The plans were thrown over the frame while I cut something on the TS and he just pushed the plans down into the frame as a cushion. Snicker comes from two doors down, they have a new lively dog who pesters him and he is getting too old to put up with that. Their old slower moving dog was his buddy, but passed away and he misses him terribly. He loves human companionship too. If I'm using hand tools he'll keep me company.