Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family room built-ins

Hoang

That's really great work. But nobody has a shop that's actually that clean--do they?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'll share my secret with you. I have an I-Robot Roomba in the shop that comes on every night at 2 am to do his rounds. He'll wonder around for about 1.5 hours cleaning up any dust, shavings and other junk I throw on the ground. I brush off all the dust from my tools onto the ground when I'm done using it and the Roomba cleans it up every night. This results in a nice clean shop everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Hoang

That's really great work. But nobody has a shop that's actually that clean--do they?

Really nice and the finish is to die for.

Beautiful woodwork with an equally beautiful finish.

How loud is the Fuji Q5? Do you paint indoors or outdoors? Thanks for providing all the info about the paint you used.

What's good about these projects is they add equity to your home.

The Q5 isn't all that loud, maybe about the same as a shop vac. I spray indoors, part of my basement shop is dedicated as a spray booth with fans venting outside. I have the sprayer outside the spray booth with the hose going into the spray area. It's really just to protect the turbine and it's filters from over spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Janders View Post
    Beautiful woodwork with an equally beautiful finish.

How loud is the Fuji Q5? Do you paint indoors or outdoors? Thanks for providing all the info about the paint you used.
    I do believe it adds a little value, at the very least, it makes the house easier to sell. I did built-ins, walk-in closet reno and all that good stuff at our last house. We got a full ask offer within the first hour of listing it. We were asking 50k higher than the highest selling price of previously sold homes in our neighborhood.

To be fair though, housing in that area was just sky rocketing so it wasn't too hard. Same goes for the new house I have now. The builders are still here finishing out the neighborhood and they are asking 100k more for the remaining homes than what I paid for when I started the build a year ago. Same floor plan, same options, higher asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    What's good about these projects is they add equity to your home.

Very nice work! Looks perfect for the space.

Blog Entries
    Looking very nice Hoang. Well done!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler