Thread: 15 ga ring shank nails

15 ga ring shank nails

Hi, anyone know if they make 15 ga finish nails, 'DA' style in a ring-shank version?
    Don't need them at the moment, just wondering if there was a ring-shank nail made for 15 ga nail guns. I've never seen them.

I've not seen them - but - that doesn't mean they don't exist.

If you're open to an alternate suggestion, then I'd suggest looking into a palm nailer.
    A palm nailer is slower - but - still a lot faster and less tiring than swinging a hammer.

The obvious advantage is that you aren't tied to any particular nail since the palm nailer will eat just about anything.

I've never seen them. Pretty much anything with a ring shank is going to be made for holding power, and that implies a full head. Not sure I've ever seen a ring shank finish nail in a hand banger either? What would be the application that you require the holding of a ring shank but no head?

Thanks guys,

Rich, I have looked at the Milwaukee cordless palm nailer, it's a good idea.

Peter, the 15ga DA type look like mini clipped head framing nails, and I was thinking for small ext siding, trim, etc.
    I'm not sure ring shank is needed, but I've used the ring shank siding nails before and they hold nice.

-Pete

...which is why my nail guns get little/no use, except for shooting into two surfaces that are being glued just to hold them until the glue sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pedisich View Post
    Thanks guys,

Rich, I have looked at the Milwaukee cordless palm nailer, it's a good idea.

Peter, the 15ga DA type look like mini clipped head framing nails, and I was thinking for small ext siding, trim, etc.
    I'm not sure ring shank is needed, but I've used the ring shank siding nails before and they hold nice.

-Pete
    I'm familiar with the DA 15ga finished nails, I think thats what my PC shoots, but I haven't seen any nails in that gauge in ring shank. I couldn't find any in a search either. I did rent a hitachi siding nailer a while back that shot something like a 7D splitless ring shank for clapboards and shakes. That was a wire coalated IIR. I remember renting due to cost of the gun being very high for one small job.