Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joy "turned" to sorrow - heartbreak on Valentines Day

Joy "turned" to sorrow - heartbreak on Valentines Day

Back after Christmas I was mulling over my options for the $$$$$ I got for Christmas, should I buy more Vortex toys, er, uh, I mean turning tools and related items...........or should I use the funds to do a very badly needed paint job on my wood hauler Dodge pickup. Well, I went for a complete [make it look brand new] paint and body overhaul on the thing........it runs like new. The body only had a few small dings........... I was scheduled to pick it up from the body shop at 2 pm........got a call at 12:30 from the guy, and his employee was backing out of the bay and his foot slipped off the clutch and the thing lunged with the drivers door open.........tore up the drivers door and messed up the freshly painted tailgate.........this thing looked like it came out of the show room and the last touch-ups where he was detailing the inside were being completed............literally an hour or so from a completely finished job........... Now the door has to be replaced and hinges, and of course a re-do on the tailgate as well..........I am broken-hearted on Valentines day, ..........bummed out, big time.......of course they will make it all good but a few more days to wait! I needed to "vent" but patience is called for on this one............but I am sad!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 02-14-2012 at 2:58 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Ouch... sorry to hear that.

Reminds me of the time I spent most of a hot Texas summer in college with fellow students restoring a rusted out Landcruiser (for a missions project).... ...only to have the hood scratched and dented after a fresh paint job. What happened? Our instructor had a run-in with the garage door...
    Last edited by Jim Underwood; 02-14-2012 at 1:40 PM.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Look at the bright side--it could be worse. You could be the body shop employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Look at the bright side--it could be worse. You could be the body shop employee.
    Now that's one guy that is REALLY having a BAD day!
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Blog Entries
    Or even ex-employee...

At least it was not the loss of a person. I almost said true love, but an old truck can be one's true love.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

That is not cool. Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should have deepened the vortex instead?

The vortex is getting back at you for not buying more spinny tools Roger.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

First world problems...

Roger- life is full of heartbreak. You got off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    Roger- life is full of heartbreak. You got off easy.
    Yep. Considering some of the possibilities that went through my head as I was reading the title, you had a non-problem.

Lol lol lol

Ah it could always be worse. My father in law owns a hot rod shop. He had just finished a car and I guess they need to let it "cure" for a few days. Well the owner didn't want to wait. A nice fire engine red hot (Chevelle I think...maybe a Nova.. I don't remember exactly). Well the guy takes it, after spending something like $40k and parks it on his street which is a hill.... and you can guess what happens next... Yep, left the parking brake off and it rolls down and gets mangled. So he has to tow it back for another $20k or $30k worth of repair work.... not in such a rush this time!

Too funny. good thing it was the body shops fault.

Bummer on the damage done.
    Back in 69, I had a 61 Chevy, and backed it out of the stall at work. Drove home with the door in the back seat.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

15. Well, I got my little wood hauler back from the body shop today! Looks brand new.......still runs like new! Not bad for a '97 model!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!