Thread: Prayer Request for Fire Victims

Prayer Request for Fire Victims

If you will, please remember those in central Texas, affected by the wildfires. I have three good friends who have been gone from their homes since Sunday, and fear what they will find when allowed back into the area. (Two of the families own the mill where I buy my mesquite lumber).

I have lived in Texas all my life, but always thought this only happened somewhere else.

Thanks for your prayers.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

I never seen a big wildfire but I do understand how the homeowners feel when their homes are destroy by fire and fires can happen in most states

Prayers sent.

The fires are really bad news when you can relate to some of those affected. We got news that one of my wife's college sority sisters daughter's house was 100% loss while her husband was serving as a volunteer fireman fighting other fires in the Bastrop area. Here in Tyler there was major smoke in the city from some fires in the surrounding area, but thankfully nothing like down in the Austin area. Prayers are needed for most of Texas with all the drought, dry timbers/grasses, and wind. Any small fire becomes a major problem fast.

Tom, they are in my prayers as well.

I moved to a church in San Diego and recently asked how many had been evacuated in the 2007 fires. Over half raised their hands. They can still feel the trauma of those days.

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Winship View Post
    I have lived in Texas all my life, but always thought this only happened somewhere else.

Thanks for your prayers.
    Been praying for Texas and Georgia. I'm one in a prayer chain praying for rain with a name.

I think this year we are seeing a lot of "I always thought this only happened somewhere else." Those in the northeast got a sampling of what it is like to live through hurricane season in the south. They also got a sampling of what it is like to look out for a tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I never seen a big wildfire but I do understand how the homeowners feel when their homes are destroy by fire and fires can happen in most states
    Ray, I hope you never get to experience a big wildfire. It's beautiful and devastating all at the same time.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Tough times down there for sure. Wish we could send some of our flood waters down to help. I'll keep a good thought for all of you.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Been praying for Texas and Georgia. I'm one in a prayer chain praying for rain with a name.

I think this year we are seeing a lot of "I always thought this only happened somewhere else." Those in the northeast got a sampling of what it is like to live through hurricane season in the south. They also got a sampling of what it is like to look out for a tornado.

Ray, I hope you never get to experience a big wildfire. It's beautiful and devastating all at the same time.
    There is more than ONE WAY to experience a wildfire
    STANDING OUTSIDE and looking in is not the best way all of the time,I would rather be fighting the fires instead of standing-by and weeping for the victims

Prayers sent.

Sam