Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now, that was a good football game

Now, that was a good football game

Great game to watch, there is some much emotion in college football. Clemson just seemed to be destined to win.

Hope many of you watched.

Perry

There were several good bowl games this year with a couple going into overtime but the best games by far were the Rose Bowl and NC game. Watson convinced me last night he got robbed of a Heisman and Renfrow showed that a small (5-9 180) slot receiver had Bama's number 2 years in a row. The wheels just came of the Tide's defense in the 4th quarter too many snaps and Clemson spread the field on them most every play. The bitter among the Alabama fans will be talking about the two rub, errr pick, plays at least until at least September. Two great Natty games in a row from the same two teams, shame it is unlikely to be the same matchup next year, I could watch the 2015/2016 versions of these teams play every weekend.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    Great game to watch, there is some much emotion in college football. Clemson just seemed to be destined to win.
    Hope many of you watched.
    Perry
    Is it football season again?
    (I haven't watched TV in over 10 years. Life is too short.)

JKJ

I must admit that when they were down 14-0 thoughts of, "here we go again" were surfacing. Congratulations to Clemson.

Now, that was a good football game

Umm... not so much if you are a 'bama fan.

I thought it was great.

War Eagle!
    Regards,
    Dick

I sadly completely forgot it was on last night...I would have enjoyed watching it. Of course, I would have been happier if Penn State was in it. (But am very proud of what they did accomplish this year!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was sitting at the computer designing an end table with my back to the television. The television here in the family room doesn' t have closed captioning and I had the sound turned off. I watched bits and pieces of it. It must have been a super game!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Missed it. Stupid heater went out in the shop. Spent two hours trouble shooting but got it back up. 36° is much too cold for polyurethane.

From a die hard Buckeye (who didn't think they belonged in the playoffs) That was great football. Congratulations to Clemson.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Fell asleep and missed the second half. Heard Clemson won and was both surprised and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I sadly completely forgot it was on last night...I would have enjoyed watching it. Of course, I would have been happier if Penn State was in it. (But am very proud of what they did accomplish this year!)
    Jim,
    You might have missed, or forgotten, the Rose Bowl game that Penn State played. Spoiler.........USC came out on top in a truly epic game (with horrible ACC "officials").

Two of the best bowl games ever.

Fight On - Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    (with horrible ACC "officials").
    I've gotten to the point I don't lay anything called at full speed at the official's feet, it is kinda like artificial vs natural turf and weather conditions it is just part of the game. The only thing I take issue with is the "slow motion" calls like Colorado's 5th down back in 1990 which allowed them to share the NC which they probably would not have had Missouri won the game.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    it was a thrilling and fun game to watch.

Congratulations to Clemson.

PHM

I have traditionally been a Big 10 fan as I am a UIllinois alum. I really liked seeing Penn State become a part of the conference and then Nebraska. Then came Rutgers and Maryland. The Big Ten is a great conference.

However, my oldest kid, after graduating UIllinois in Landscape Architecture (honors, yea I am damn proud of that kid... I asked him a year after graduating, "did you graduate number 1 in your class", and he uncomfortably said yes)

Anyway, he is now a graduate student (Masters of Architecture) - at Clemson. My money is now being spent there. So i started following Clemson football.

So for the past two years, I have watched almost every Clemson game. Clemson has a premier program and Coach Dabo Swinney is a special person. He is teaching his student athletes life lessons and instilling character in his players that is really something special. Google him and listen to his interviews.

Deshaun Watson is so special. In 2015, he had 4100 total yards with 1100 rushing yards. This year he started off slow. He finished with more total yards with 4500 yards but "only" 650 rushing. In addition, Watson graduated this Dec 2016 from Clemson as a Junior. There were several other team members who graduated this past December.

My whole point is that Clemson is doing it really right.

Go Tigers.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't follow college football. Didn't watch.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"